A face shield is the best way to get full-face protection without sacrificing visibility.
A good face shield will sit comfortably on your head while protecting your pretty little face.
While a poorly made face shield is heavy, made from flimsy materials, and significantly limits visibility.
So to help you separate the good from the junk—we review the Top 6 Face Shields in 2021.
Buy with the confidence that you’re getting a quality face shield that will protect… your face.
Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
|Uvex Bionic Face Shield with Clear Polycarbonate Visor and Anti-Fog/Hard Coat (S8510)|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Sellstrom Face Shield S32030 Safety Mask for Men and Women, Shade 3 IR Tint, Polycarbonate Anti-...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|3M Ratchet Headgear H8A with Clear Polycarbonate Faceshield WP96|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|TR Industrial TR88011 Hard Hat Forestry Safety Helmet & Ear Muffs|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Honeywell Adjustable Face Shield (RWS-51032)|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Hobart 770118 Face Shield Clear with Ratchet Head Gear|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 6 Best Face Shields
Uvex Bionic Face Shield
- Full shield design provides built-in chin protection and extended top-of-head coverage; protects against falling or flying objects, impacts, chemical splashes and airborne debris; black matte color
- Excellent optics provide increased visibility; clear polycarbonate visor with anti-fog/hard coat; comfortable rear cell foam and lightweight, balanced, ergonomic design for extended use
- Easy-to-set, ratcheting headgear assures comfortable, secure fit; highly adjustable headgear tilts visor nearer or farther from face for preference and application; 2,784 total possible positions
Our top choice is the Uvex Bionic Face Shield, which has a built-in chin protector and provides protection for mid-range prices. Unlike other face shields of its type, this model is surprisingly affordable, with an interior that you can wear all day without discomfort. Along with bottom head coverage from protection comes top of your head safety too!
The flexible headband on this face shield is designed to fit a wide range of heads, and it’ll stay securely in place no matter how much you’re moving around. The visor itself has an anti-fog coating that keeps your vision clear even when there’s a temperature difference between the inside and outside air.
The coating not only makes this face shield more resistant to scratches but also hardens the exterior. This is great for working in hectic areas where you can expect it to get damaged because if so, then just replace the visor and save money by avoiding buying a new product entirely!CHECK PRICE
- Replaceable visor
- Chin and head protection
- Anti-fog and anti-scratch coating
- Replacement visors are a bit pricey
Sellstrom Face Shield
- ANSI/ISEA Z87.1 STANDARDS: This Face Shield is certified to prevent work injuries from impact, non-ionizing radiation, and chemical exposure from machinery, welding, cutting, grinding, and other types of work that present potential hazards to the face.
- FULL PROTECTION: Serves as a safety shield for men and women to guard and protect their face and eyes. It’s versatile for a variety of uses in industrial and home settings, and is lightweight and comfortable.
- FACE SHIELD FEATURES: Has a shade 3 IR, polycarbonate, anti-flog window with wrap around, full coverage protection from chemical splashes and flying debris. Also blocks 99% of UV rays and gives excellent optical clarity.
The Sellstrom Face Shield is the perfect option for buyers who want to work in comfort and safety. With a polycarbonate shield, it has been treated to resist fogging so that you can always see what you’re doing—even in brighter spaces where glare would otherwise be an issue.
The wide visor improves your field of view too, which means there won’t even need adjusting when working at different angles or with differing levels of light.
You can get this face shield with either a clear window or one of two that are designed to resist infrared emissions (shade 3 and shade 5). The headpiece features 19 positions, so it supports a wide range of head shapes and sizes.
It’s also comfortable enough to wear for hours without becoming uncomfortable on your temples. Unlike other masks, which eventually become more rigid over time, the padding in this mask is light-weighted and doesn’t suffer from such problems!CHECK PRICE
- Available in clear or IR resistant varieties
- Meets all relevant safety standards
- Slightly pricey
3M Face Shield
- COMPLETE SETUP: Safety system comes with 3M H8A headgear and WP96 clear faceshield together.
- COMFORTABLE TO WEAR: Five position crown strap and thirteen position ratchet suspension offer customization to individual wearers.
- DURABLE: Headgear is made of Aluminum and thermoplastic. The faceshield is made of durable, polycarbonate. Faceshield is 0.08" thick and features a molded shape.
If you just need the bare essentials out of a face shield and you don’t want to spend too much money on one of them, the 3M Face Shield is the perfect choice for anyone looking to invest in a durable product. Whether you are working on something heavy or have plans of wearing it all day, this shield will last the duration without needing replacement soon after purchase. It also features five positions and 13 different settings so that you can adjust your face gear as needed with ease!
The moulded design of the face shield helps ensure that you can see clearly out of it from every angle since the light doesn’t refract when it passes through. Made of polycarbonate, this model is also fully compliant with ANSI Z87.1-2010 and will protect your eyes well against dust – or at least as much as any other less expensive alternative on our list!
The 3M Face Shield is an excellent option for those looking to protect their face from the sun. This shield protects your entire upper face and chin while also providing some protection on your crown too! The visibility of this product allows you to see clearly as well, a surprising aspect considering how cheap it is compared to other shields on the market.CHECK PRICE
- Adjustable crown strap and ratchet
- Clear and easy to see through
- Very affordable
- Limited dust protection
TR Industrial Safety Helmet
- 5 in 1 safety helmet comes with helmet, adjustable/removable earmuffs, plastic visor, and mesh visor, providing dynamic protection for any job
- Provides the protection you need when using chainsaws, brush cutters, and trimmers, ideal for forestry type work
- Secures firmly on head and convenient dial knob makes it easy to adjust the circumference 20 - 24.5 inches (52-62 centimeters)
The TR Industrial Safety Helmet is the best solution for those who are looking to get full-head protection. It’s got a visor that combines both plastic and mesh in order to give you complete coverage, which means it also offers face protection as well! There’s no need to worry about your ears either because this helmet has earmuffs with soft foam inserts on them, so they feel just like pillows against your head when wearing this industrial safety helmet!
There are many advantages to this helmet, and one of the most important is that it can comfortably fit over your ears. The headband has a dial knob on it, so you can adjust the size depending on how big or small your head is (it ranges from 52-62 inches). It’s also very easy to put on because there’s no need for straps behind your neck like other helmets have – all you have to do is slide it down onto your face!
One downside, though, would be its bulkiness: unlike traditional helmets, which sit tight around their wearer’s heads without any loose parts dangling off them, this design actually wraps up along both sides of an individual’s skull before coming back in front.CHECK PRICE
- Combined mesh and plastic visor
- 5-in-1 protection
- Adjustable dial knob
- Earmuffs aren’t easily removable
- Too bulky
Honeywell Face Shield
- Cross strap adjusts for easy sizing and customized fit; shield provides increased visibility and excellent optics
- Prevents fluids and airborne debris from entering down inside the visor with chemical splash drip edge; provides extra protection from impacts
- Breathable headband adds extra comfort and can be easily removed for cleaning or replacement
Don’t let a face shield get in the way of your work. Honeywell’s affordable choice will keep you safe and looking professional while also being easy on your wallet. This model is perfect for workplace safety requirements because it features all the necessary protection at an unbeatable price point!
Plus, this headband is breathable so that you can feel comfortable during long days with little breaks from sweat or humidity. You’ll be glad to know their visor provides better coverage than other cheap options as well- just make sure to remove any dirt before storing away after each day’s use!
Unfortunately, the headband is where this product stumbles. It’s not as secure on your head, and it doesn’t have a thick strap to give enough support. However, if you’re looking for a lower price point, then look no further!
This face shield does its job well with other parts of the design being up-to-par so that it won’t cost too much in return–perfect for those who are only using their equipment briefly or don’t want an expensive purchase they might use sparingly anyways.CHECK PRICE
- Removable headband
- Fit can’t be adjusted as much
Hobart Face Shield
- Country of Origin:China
- Package length:13.25"
- Package width:9.25"
This face shield from Hobart is another relatively affordable and durable option. If you’re going to be doing heavy-duty work that can damage your face shield in the process, then this is one of the best budget options available.
Despite its hardy construction, this product also has a lightweight design for easy use while working on tough projects; it’s even comfortable with padded headbands and adjustable sizing via ratchet adjusters on each side!
The Hobart Face Shield is an excellent budget option for those that won’t be using their face shield very often. It features a ratchet system with easy, one-handed operation and durable construction to make it both simple and comfortable to use while also protecting your eyes from any potential debris or other chemicals you may come in contact with during the day.
We feel like this product will hold up well over time due to its quality materials but are slightly worried about how long it will take before maintenance starts being required as there doesn’t seem much of anything holding everything together!CHECK PRICE
- Comfortable headband
- The anti-scratch film is hard to peel off
- Unreliable ratchet system