Last updated on July 30th, 2023.
The best ethernet crimping tools can easily cut, strip, and crump pair-conductor cables.
Where it’s an RJ11/RJ12, RJ22, or RJ45—a good pair of ratcheting crimpers will slice through them like soft spaghetti.
While a bad ethernet crimping tool will over crimp your connectors and under crimp the cable strain relief.
So to help you separate the good from the garbage—we reviewed the Top 5 RJ45 Crimpers of 2024.
Buy with confidence knowing that you’re getting an RJ45 crimper that can get the job done.
Let’s jump straight into the reviews.
|Klein Tools VDV226-011-SEN Ratcheting Modular Crimper/Stripper
|Platinum Tools 100054C Clamshell EZ-Rjpro Hd Crimp Tool
|Maxmoral Rj45 Crimper Network Hand Tools, with Mini Cable Punch Down Stripper Cutter - RJ11 RJ12...
|Gardner Bender GMC-1145D Premium Metal RG11 RJ45 Modular Plug Crimper , Red
|TRENDnet Crimping Tool, Crimp, Cut, And Strip Tool, For Any Ethernet or Telephone Cable, Built-In...
Top 5 Best Ethernet Crimping Tools (RJ45 Crimpers)
Klein Tools VDV226-011-SEN RJ45 Crimper
- Fast, reliable modular-crimp connector installation for voice and data applications.
- All-In-One Tool, cuts, strips and crimps paired-conductor cables (round STP/UTP and flat-satin phone cable).
- Crimps 4, 6, and 8 position modular connectors (RJ22, RJ11/RJ12, and RJ45).
Klein Tools has put together a crimping tool that is both versatile and powerful. Klein’s VDV226-011-SEN RJ45 Crimper lets you work with 4, 6, or 8 position modular connectors for RJ22, RJ11, RJ12, and the most modern standard of connector for phone line connections: the RS 45. The ergonomic grip on this model provides an easy-to-use feel even in long hours.
The RJ45 crimping tool is a wonderfully helpful and safe investment for any professional in the field. It has an easy-to-find yellow body, which makes it much easier to grab out of your bag when you need it most!
The full-cycle ratchet mechanism helps with stress on your hand during long jobs that require repetition while still maintaining safety features to keep from injuring yourself. Highly recommended.CHECK PRICE
- Three tools in one
- Excellent safety mechanism and guard
- Comfortable grip
- Made in the USA
- Well-made to last
- No cutter
- Problematic with CAT5E wire
Platinum Tools 100054C RJ45 Crimper
- Ratcheted, high leverage and stable platform for consistent, repeatable terminations
- Patented "crimp and trim system" delivers a clean, flush trim on the extended conductors for all EZ Connectors
- Tool steel die head assembly provides 360 degrees of connector support
The Platinum Tools 100054C RJ45 Crimper is a professional-quality tool that can help you with everything from crimping to cutting and stripping. It does the job of several tools at once, which makes it an excellent choice for serious DIYers or contractors.
The one drawback? It doesn’t work with AMP standard modular connectors; however, its compatible connections include EZ-RJ12/11 and EZ-RJ45 plugs.
The manufacturer designed this product with the end-user in mind, which is why it’s so durable and hassle-free. It has a 12-month warranty that will ensure you’ll be able to enjoy your purchase for years!
The build of this tool is top-notch and comes at an affordable price point. You won’t regret investing in one today.CHECK PRICE
- 360 degrees of connector support
- Zero-flex frame design
- Professional-quality results
- Solid construction
- Easy to use
- Some quality control issues
Maxmoral RJ45 Crimper
- 3 in 1 Cable Connectors Crimper Tool Portable style with perfect shape.The mouth of the press-pliers is made of steel, which is hard and durable.It won't damage the shelled-wire and work convieniently with high efficiency.While using press-pliers, just insert the modular plug into its position and press it
- Fast, reliable crimp tool with steel body for durability with ergonomic comfort grips less strength easy to operate
- Cuts strips and crimps Twisted Pair, Ethernet RJ45 voice and data cables Crimps 4P 6P and 8P position modular connectors ( RJ11/RJ12, and RJ45)
The Maxmoral RJ45 Crimper is a fantastic tool for small jobs like crimping cables, stripping wire, and punching down wires. It’s lightweight with an ergonomic design that makes it easy to use while also being versatile enough for multiple tasks.
The high-quality construction of the device means you can trust it as your go-to cable trimming/stripping machine without worrying about damaging the product or hurting yourself in any way!
Don’t struggle with crimping tools that don’t provide reliable performance. Invest in the RJ45 Crimper and save yourself from having to buy a new one every time you give up on trying to get it right!
The budget-friendly price makes this tool an easy decision for DIYers who only use these types of tools occasionally but want top-quality connections.CHECK PRICE
- Affordably priced
- Reliable performance
- Spot-on alignment
- Versatile uses
- So-so use with plugs
Gardner Bender GMC-1145D RJ45 Crimper
- The product is RJ11/RJ45 Crimping Tool
- Easy to use
- The product is manufactured in China
The Gardner Bender GMC-1145D RJ 45 Crimper is a must-have for anyone in the trade. You can feel its durability and precision with your first use of it!
With an ergonomic grip, you never risk hurting yourself while using this tool to make any network cable connection possible. This crimping set also includes built-in stripper and cutter functions that save time when making components or fixing cables on site.
The Durable Tool is a brilliant and high-quality product. The heat-treated steel frame ensures it has good balance, while the limited range of compatible plugs can be used with 2, 4 or 8 position connectors for RJ11/RJ45s. It comes backed up by a 1-year warranty from the manufacturer, which we appreciated!CHECK PRICE
- Easy to use
- Durable steel body
- Good hand feel
- High-quality construction
- Limited use
TRENDnet TC-CT68 RJ45 Crimper
- Professional tool crimps, strips and cuts cable for 8 and 6 position modular plugs
- This user friendly device works with any Ethernet or telephone cable
- Compact design with easy handle hand grips
The TRENDnet TC-CT68 RJ45 Crimper is a handy, all-purpose tool that makes crimping your wires and cables an easy task. It also cuts and strips wire with extra tools built into the design to make it more versatile than other options on the market.
The Crimping tool is a great investment. With its simple design and ratchet locking mechanism, it’ll last you years with the proper care to make sure everything stays in good condition.CHECK PRICE
- Excellent locking mechanism
- Versatile uses
- Precision operation
- 1-year warranty
- Fair blade alignment
- Easy to nick cables by mistake