Have you been looking for the perfect butane torch? I know how frustrating it can be to find one that is safe, affordable, and easy to use.
The best butane torches are easy to ignite, have an adjustable flame, and are lightweight and easy to use.
While a bad butane torch is a hot mess. Hard to ignite, is never quite hot enough, and feels like a safety incident waiting to happen.
So to help you separate the good from the junk—we review the Top 6 Butane Torches of 2023.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the top butane torches on the market.
Let’s dive into the reviews.
|Blazer ES1000 Angled Head Butane Micro Torch, Black|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Dremel 2200-01 Versa Flame Multi-Function Butane Torch Perfect for Wood Burning, Leather...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Power Probe MT Micro Torch (PPMT) [Car Diagnostic Tool, Butane Powered, Heating, Soldering Tool,...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|SE Deluxe Butane Power Torch with Built-In Ignition System - MT3001|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 6 Best Butane Torches
Blazer ES1000 Angled Head Butane Micro Torch
- Angled head design and slim body shape, for ease of use and portability
- Air flow control switch, mounted at top of unit, for an easy change of flame precision and temperature
- Torch flame, adjustable from yellow to blue flame, for flame precision flexibility
One of our favorite butane torches is the Blazer ES1000. It features a series of details that exceed expectations and make it perfect for soldering, brazing or other detailed purposes such as soldering jewelry and dental work. The self-contained unit doesn’t require any external intervention with igniters like matches due to its piezoelectric ignition system – all you have to do is turn over some fuel then pull back on the button!
The most important feature of this model is the innovative angle head design, which allows you to control the length and color of your flame with precision. The temperature can be adjusted from 2500º Fahrenheit blue all the way down to a standard yellow flame in seconds by simply using our unique airflow switch mounted on top for easy access.
The ES1000 is a great butane torch when it comes to time and portability. With an 8-gram capacity, this tiny little device can last for up to 30 minutes on the highest setting! It’s also pretty easy to refill– buy another standard butane gas canister (sold separately), and you’re ready to go again in no time at all. Take note that though small, its slim body weighs 5 ounces, so don’t be surprised if your hand muscles get tired after using it for long periods of time or carrying it around with you wherever you go.
The Blazer ES1000 is a great torch for people who want to do some quick work in the field. It has everything you need and nothing that will get in your way – it comes with both an adjustable flame setting as well as a safety lock, which may be worth considering if you are often working out of doors or have children around (or maybe even pets!).CHECK PRICE
- Lock setting – allows you to work hands-free while the torch functions
- Holds a fair amount of gas – it can be used up to 30 minutes on a high setting
- Angled head and slim body for better use
- Adjustable flame – rapidly changes from the hot blue flame to the standard yellow
- Easy to ignite – you need to press the trigger
- The torch must be lit at full strength then adjusted to the desired level
- No safety lock on the ignition button – keep your kids away from the torch!
Dremel 2200-01 Versa Flame Multi-Function Butane Torch
- Compact and powerful, the small butane micro-torch designed to make your work around the house and job site easier.
- INTEGRATED IGNITION TRIGGER – For easy start up, no independent ignition tool required
- VERSATILE 9-PIECE ACCESSORY KIT - Offers versatile butane torch accessories for soldering, heat blowing, heat deflecting, flame diffusing
The Dremel 2200-01 Versa Flame butane torch is the definition of versatility. It’s perfect for use in your kitchen, around your house and on a job site because it produces intense heat that can reach up to 2000 degrees Fahrenheit! The 75 minute burn time allows you to get some work done without having to worry about refilling; be sure not to touch any exposed flame with bare skin, as this will hurt like crazy. For easy filling, simply remove the fill valve cap from the tank opening and pour liquid fuel into the container until full – do NOT overfill, or the gas flow rate may decrease significantly.
The integrated piezoelectric ignition trigger is perfect for easy lighting, and you won’t need any external ignition source. Isn’t the piezo ignition just great?
The flame locking mechanism allows you to keep ahold of your hands while burning stuff with this compact torch. It also has an attachable base which makes it easier when using cordless operations – no more fumbling around in dark corners!
As a Dremel customer, you know that their products are known for lasting. With the butane torch’s large gas tank and heavy-duty design, it is no different! The manufacturer offers a 1-year warranty with USA based customer service to help out if there are any issues along the way while using this product. Even better yet, your purchase comes complete with 9 piece accessory kit including blower, flame diffuser, soldering tip & solder just in case of emergencies on-site or at-home projects, so grab one today!!
Despite its shortcomings, the Dremel brand 2200-01 butane torch kit comes with a lot of features that make it worth buying. First off, this model is surprisingly affordable for what you get in terms of accessories and quality construction. It’s also easy to use–just light your project on fire using one hand while holding down the nozzle switch button with another! Additionally, customer service representatives are available at all hours via phone or email should any problems arise after purchase (though we haven’t found anything wrong yet).CHECK PRICE
- Easy to use
- Excellent quality for a fair price
- Works great be it upside down or in any other position
- Flame lock switch – allows you to use the torch hands-free
- Sometimes you might need external ignition help
- The torch tends to leak after heavy use
Authenzo Kitchen Butane Torch Lighter
The Authenzo Butane Torch has a durable aluminum-alloy body and non-slip grip, making it the perfect choice for precise operations. It’s easy to operate with precision control, so you can get that caramelization or barbeque your food needs in no time! This culinary torch also makes small handcrafts easier than ever before – try out our cigar lighting feature today.
The Authenzo torch is so much more than a kitchen tool; it’s an all-purpose, safe solution for everything from DIY projects to holiday cooking. The flame can be adjusted with the gas flow regulator and air flow control valve, but its maximum temperature of 2,500o Fahrenheit or 1370o Celsius makes this great at melting chocolate as well! Make sure you don’t let your kids play around near this powerful culinary torch – they might get hurt!
This torch does not come with butane fuel, though, and thus you will need to purchase it separately. Make sure only use butane gas with an extended nozzle. It needs about 8 or 10 grams of gas for filling capacity.
A downside noticed by some customers is related to the malfunctioning ignition system that becomes a problem after using the torch for a few weeks: The flame may turn off on its own without external intervention from tools like matches or lighters.–To conclude– Authenzo is perfect if you are looking at creating amazing dishes equal in quality to those found in world-famous restaurants!CHECK PRICE
- Easy to use
- Durability – aluminum alloy body made to last
- Features a security lock – prevents improper operating and accidental ignition
- Refillable and adjustable
- The ignition system fails after a period of use
- The fuel runs out quickly
Power Probe MT Micro Power Torch
- Electronic ignition and flame adjustment
- Easily refillable with butane
- Maximum temperature of 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit
The Power Probe MT is a powerful butane-fueled torch that comes with an impressive burn time of about two hours. It creates a continuous flame for up to 0.5 – 2.5 inches, and it’s refillable!
The electronic ignition makes this product easy to use – perfect for soldering or kitchen projects in the home since it has such excellent design features as being able to stay on your countertop without taking up much space at all (and not have any fear of accidental fires!).
The torch is designed to be easy and convenient for its user. With a heat shrink adapter shield, the Rosin core solder tube, blower tip with an output of 2200 degrees Fahrenheit or more than that if you need it quick! The case can hold all your tools, so they are always available when needed.
This micro torch is lightweight and easy to use. It has many safety features embedded in its design, but some people reported that the lighter isn’t reliable at all! This can lead to gas leaks if you’re not careful.
However, it’s worth a try for small projects like kitchen tasks or jewelry making because of how much attention was put into designing this product with those uses in mind–even though there are more expensive options out there!.CHECK PRICE
- It comes with many useful accessories
- Lightweight and safe to use
- Electronic ignition and adjustable flame
- Long burn time of up to 2 hours
- The product might be a bit pricey
- The electronic lighter is not reliable and leaks butane
SE Deluxe Butane Power Torch
- Can use torch up to 60 minutes when fully filled
- Built-in ignition system
- Flame temperature up to 2,400 degrees Fahrenheit/1,315 degrees Celsius
The SE Deluxe Butane Power Torch is the most reliable torch on the market. It’s lightweight and sturdy, with a plastic body that comes in an exciting design for easy grip, allowing you to work comfortably hands-free.
Powered by butane gas rather than electricity like other torches, it delivers continuous flame up to 60 minutes long! The detachable base makes this great for any dabbing or culinary needs as well: A powerhouse of a product indeed!
The butane-fueled torch is perfect for soldering and dabbing. You can adjust the flame according to your needs, or you may want it at full blast if you’re working with big jobs–it reaches 2,400o Fahrenheit/ 1315o Celsius!
And filling in gas requires nothing more than turning this device upside down and inserting a butane canister; the torch holds enough fuel onboard to last days without any leaks whatsoever.
A downside worth mentioning is that the base loosens and falls after a few months. Some customers also complained about malfunctions of some buttons as well.CHECK PRICE
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Independent controls – whenever powered on. It is pre-adjusted according to your needs
- Adjustable flame
- Sixty minutes of burn time
- Some have clients have reported malfunctioning buttons
- Occasionally, the base loosens and falls
Zoocura Refillable Industrial Butane Torch
The Zoocura Butane Torch is an item that we’ve come to rely on for many of our needs. It’s easy to use and has a powerful double flame that reaches temperatures up to 2,500oF / 1370oC. The gas flow regulator dial adjusts the size of the torch so you can have what exactly suits your current need best.
The burn time of this butane torch is about 40 minutes, which means you won’t have to fill the device frequently. The capacity for 28 grams will also save you trips back and forth from your storage container or house with a full tank in tow. Anti-flare technology ensures that children stay safe while operating the product, while wind resistance makes it perfect for working outside.
With its sturdy metal construction and detachable base, this heavy-duty torch is designed to last. It comes with a 2-year warranty as well as a free replacement policy and money-back guarantee!
Unfortunately, not everyone had had the same great experience when it came to customer service quality; many people complained about their inability to get through on the phone or having their issues resolved in a timely manner.CHECK PRICE
- Lightweight and easy to use
- Wind-resistant flames - this torch is ideal for outside projects
- High gas capacity and longer burning time
- Strong and sturdy double adjustable flame design
- Some reported gas leakage issues
- Poor customer service