A bad cordless hammer drill will gently massage the concrete while overheating in your hand (if it doesn’t run out of battery first).
While a good cordless hammer drill is small, compact, and can bore holes through concrete like it’s jelly.
After reviewing the top brands, including Dewalt, Milwaukee, and Bosch—we’ve found the Top 6 Cordless Hammer Drills of 2023.
Buy with the confidence that you’re getting one of the best cordless hammer drills available.
Let’s dive into the reviews.
|DEWALT 20V MAX XR Hammer Drill, Brushless, 3-Speed, Tool Only (DCD996B), Yellow/Black|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|BOSCH PS130-2A 12-Volt Lithium-Ion Ultra-Compact Hammer Drill/Driver Kit, 3/8-Inch , Blue|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Makita XPH12Z 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 1/2" Hammer Driver-Drill, Tool Only|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Huepar 20V Brushless Cordless SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill, 3 Modes Hammer Drills for Concrete...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Ridgid R86116 18V Lithium Ion Cordless Brushless Compact Hammer Drill w/ 100-Setting Micro Clutch...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 6 Best Cordless Hammer Drills
Dewalt Cordless Hammer Drill
- DEWALT-built high power, high efficiency brushless motor of DEWALT 20V hammer drill delivers up to 75% more runtime vs. 18V NiCad brushed motors
- The cordless hammer drill features heavy-duty 1/2-inch ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superior bit gripping strength
- 3-Mode LED provides lighting in dark or confined spaces up to 20X brighter than previous model
One of the best cordless hammer drills on our list is this model from Dewalt. It features a reasonable price and retains all the great qualities that you need in your drill, such as high-performance transmission to improve efficiency and allow for faster speeds.
Further improving its efficiency, it comes equipped with a brushless motor offering over 50% power savings when compared to a brushed motor of equal output strength. The drill can operate at up to 250 BPM or 2250 RPM, which enables it to maneuver through some tough materials without any issues whatsoever!
With a power output of 820 UWO (Units Watts Out), this is an excellent option for those looking to drill holes in concrete. The chuck on this hammer drill has been designed with carbide inserts so that it can grip the bit tightly and offer up great service without wearing down as quickly due to overuse.
It also comes equipped with three modes: one regular light, one spotlight mode, and another, which includes both functions together– perfect if you need some extra help working around dark corners!
This Dewalt drill has three speeds and is fully reversible, which makes it versatile! It’s also well made, like most of their tools are. The only thing that might be an issue for some people would be the fact that this does not come with a battery included, but if you already have one of those 20V Max ones though then they’ll work just fine on here too!CHECK PRICE
- Huge battery life
- 3 Mode LED flashlight with Spotlight mode
- Heavy duty chuck
- Huge 250 BPM / 2,250 RPM output
- No battery included
Bosch Cordless Hammer Drill
- MOST COMPACT: Shortest head length and smallest height
- LIGHTEST WEIGHT: Only 2.3 lbs
- SHORTEST HEAD LENGTH IN CLASS: Better balance and control of tool for perfect working in tight areas
You’re looking for a premium hammer drill, and you don’t mind paying a little bit more for higher quality. If that sounds like you, then the Bosch PS130-2A is right up your alley! This model features an easy to transport design with excellent maneuverability while in use – perfect if you work mostly tight spaces where other hammers would be inconvenient or unusable. Along with their short head length and reduced height, it’s also one of the lightest models on offer at only 2.3 pounds weight making it great when lugging around heavy equipment isn’t ideal or desired.
The DEWALT 20V Hammer Drill uses 2 speeds and 20 clutch settings so that you can choose the perfect setting for whatever project may come your way. It also features an LED light to see what’s happening in a dark workspace without needing another light source. The battery gauge lets you know when it needs charging or swapping out by displaying how much life is left – this prevents any interruption of your task at hand!
If you’re looking for a durable, lightweight hammer drill that won’t break the bank on batteries and chargers, this is your best option. With two 12V Max lithium-ion battery packs included with 60 minutes of charging time in between each use, there’s no need to worry about downtime waiting around by an outlet! The soft-grip handle means hours of comfortable drilling without having to stop every few seconds from wrist fatigue – just what you want when building something new or repairing old equipment.CHECK PRICE
- Two batteries included
- Fuel gauge for battery management
- Compact dimensions
- A little less powerful than larger models
Makita Cordless Hammer Drill
- BL Brushless motor delivers 530 in.Lbs. Of max torque
- Efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL Brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
However, if you’re looking to save money on your next cordless hammer drill, then this model from Makita would be an excellent choice. Despite its more affordable price point than the other two models that we’ve looked at so far, this hammer drill is nearly as capable and mainly gives up superfluous features for a lower cost.
As with any drill motor being the most important part of it all; This Hakira Hammer Drill has a reliable 4-pole electric motor that provides 480 in-lbs of torque (enough power for just about anything). Transmission wise there are 2 speeds: The first goes up to 600 RPM while the second speed can go anywhere between 1900 -38000 RPM depending on what your needs may require!
The Bosch model that we just looked at is much more compact and easier to use in confined spaces, but this Makita cordless hammer drill is even lighter. Not only does it weigh 3.4 pounds with the battery installed (compared to 5 for Bosch), but it also comes equipped with dual LEDs instead of a single one like previous models did – great for working on projects when you don’t have access or light! The rubberized grip helps reduce vibrations so your hands won’t feel as tired after drilling holes into hard materials all day long too 🙂
The Makita drill features full metal gears that are guaranteed to last longer than competitors. In addition, it comes with a manufacturer warranty for three years! This is an affordable and high-quality product you don’t want to miss out on.CHECK PRICE
- Compact and light
- Great price
- Double LED for dark spaces
- Lower power output gives it trouble with harder surfaces
Huepar Cordless Hammer Drill
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE EC BRUSHLESS MOTOR: The EC brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and efficiently. Meanwhile, the EC motor is compact, dust-protected, lightweight, absolutely maintenance-free and durable. The high-performance motor enables the rotary hammer to deliver up to 0-1000 RPM, 0-4600 BPM and 2.2J of impact energy, making it easy to drill in hard materials like concrete and more efficient for users.
- DURABLE LITHIUM-ION BATTERY INCLUDED: This rotary hammer contains a 4.0Ah large-capacity lithium-ion battery pack, featuring Cell Protection to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating. Without the hassle of cables, it can offer unlimited freedom of movement. The high-performance battery provides huge power and maximum run time, supporting the tool to punch holes for about 110 times (6x40mm in concrete) per full charge. (Charger also included)
- MULTI-FUNCTIONS & SDS-PLUS CHUCK: The hammer drill has 3 modes for rotation plus hammering, hammering only, rotation only. It also features an innovative chisel adjustment option, which is used to manipulate the bit to the optimum angle. And the one-touch sliding chuck for SDS-Plus bits is used for quick and easy bit removal and installation. The rotary hammer meets the requirements of more working conditions, such as anchoring in concrete, drilling in masonry, core cutting, chiseling, etc.
The Huepar Cordless Hammer Drill is perfect for contractors looking to invest in a high-end model. This brushless motor ensures that the drill won’t overheat and will maintain efficiency even with heavy use, which makes it an unbeatable option at this price point!
This model also comes included with a battery, making it the perfect choice for customers who don’t already have one ready to use. On a single charge, this drill can punch about 110 holes in concrete and is versatile: you can toggle between rotation or hammering depending on what task needs to be completed. The inclusion of an easy-to-install torque limiting clutch will disengage gears if they get stuck while drilling into surfaces like wood so that your gear doesn’t become damaged.
What do you need a hammer drill for? If it’s to make holes in the walls of your home, this might not be the best choice. It doesn’t have an impressive 2.2J impact force and has some issues with its reliability, so we couldn’t rank it any higher than third on our list of choices (even though at 1000 RPMs, max speed is pretty good). This model will also aim to keep vibrations as low as possible by providing a comfortable grip designed just for long-term jobs like yours!CHECK PRICE
- Vibration reduction features
- Bits are easy to replace
- Included battery
- Problems with reliability
- Surprisingly tame performance
Milwaukee Cordless Hammer Drill
Milwaukee’s cordless hammer drill is a great value for money. The 4-pole motor provides 500 in-lbs of torque, while the max speed reaches 1800 RPM–making it comparable to Makita’s power and performance. It also has two speeds: one ranging between 0 and 400 RPM with a high-quality metal gear case, which improves durability; another going up to 1800 rpm with similar capability as Makita drills.
The Milwaukee drill is a well-known, versatile drilling tool. You can use this compact model in tight spaces that larger drills wouldn’t be able to reach! And with its handy LED build-in light, you’ll always know where the work area is without turning on a bright overhead lamp and disturbing others.
The REDLINK compatibility that is included with this drill makes it easy to keep track of the device while you are using it. This means there won’t be any worries about overheating and also ensures a longer battery life span! Unfortunately, though, due to its lower quality build than other drills on our list like Makita or Bosch models, for example, it does not have as much power available in order to get larger jobs done at maximum efficiency levels.CHECK PRICE
- Metal gear case and chuck
- Excellent price
- Disappointing build quality
- Inefficient motor drains batteries
Ridgid Cordless Hammer Drill
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE CLUTCH: With over 100 possible positions, you can tighten the clutch to produce the exact amount of torque needed for the job
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR: This tool’s brushless motor helps it run faster and last longer than its brushed counterparts
- LED LIGHTING: Keep your work illuminated with the independently activated LEDs on the front of the tool
The Ridgid hammer drill is a high-end product with impressive capabilities and features. One especially notable feature of this tool is the fully adjustable clutch, which has over 100 positions that you can set it at for nearly full control of torque output.
The presence of an integrated brushless motor means longer use time before battery life depletes – great when working on long jobs or projects! Additional noteworthy aspects are its left/right mounted positionable handle as well as its compact size relative to other models in this category.
As with the other drills, this model comes equipped with a useful LED light so that you can see what you’re working on in dark spaces. Ergonomics were also an important priority during the design process of this drill as it features a rubberized grip to help keep your hands from getting tired!
This drill’s performance is also impressive, as it can hit up to 27 300 BPM and has a maximum RPM of 2100. Unfortunately, this drill just doesn’t offer any significant advantages over our top three models-it’s even larger than them! You’re better off with something lighter like the Milwaukee in small spaces that need drilling.CHECK PRICE
- Ergonomic handle
- Brushless motor
- 100 clutch positions
- Features don’t justify the price