Dual fuel generators are the best way to keep your appliances running for emergencies. They use both propane and gas, so if one has a high price you can simply change fuel sources.
The best dual-fuel generators are they’re energy-efficient, affordable, quiet, and easy to move around.
On the other hand—a bad fuel generator is extremely noisy and sculls fuel like an Irishman at a pub.
To help you separate the good from the bad – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Dual Fuel Generators in 2023.
Buy with the confidence that you’re buying one of the top dual fuel generators on the market.
Let’s dive straight into the reviews.
|DuroMax XP4850EH Generator-4850 Watt Gas or Propane Powered-Electric Start-Camping & RV Ready, 50...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator with Electric...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Firman H08051 Generator|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator with Electric Start|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 6 Best Dual Fuel Generators
Duramax Dual Fuel Generator
- Plenty of Power – With 4,850 starting watts and 3,850 running watts, this unit can handle heavy loads, from lights and a refrigerator to a home air conditioner and high amperage power tools
- Dual Fuel Technology – This generator runs on gasoline or propane, giving you the freedom and flexibility of fuel choice
- Powerful Engine – The DuroMax 210cc OHV engine is a workhorse that provides plenty of power to handle multiple jobs, from powering high voltage appliances to heavy duty power tools
Duramax Dual Fuel Generators are the perfect solution for those looking to power their home or workspace. The Duramax Generator accepts both propane and gasoline as fuel, which provides flexibility depending on what is more available in your area.
Propane has a longer shelf-life than gasoline and burns clearer without harmful emissions like carbon monoxide. This product averages 20 hours when using propane for fuel with an electric start that can be used if needed, while 8 hours of run time is average when relying solely on gas consumption–giving you plenty of runtime options no matter where you’re located!
The Duramax Dual Fuel Generator generates 69 dB of sound, which is equivalent to normal human conversation. This means it isn’t too loud for a generator its size but still remains an issue when running in close proximity with other generators or near homes and buildings.
This generator operates at 3850 running watts and 4,850 max watts. This is a considerable amount of power that can be used to keep your home appliances going during an outage. For instance, full-sized air conditioners or furnace blowers can both be powered by the gennie, making it a great asset when our lights go out!
The Duramax Dual Fuel Generator is a powerful generator that can provide more power than many other competitors. It’s mobile and has an easy-to-use interface, so you don’t have to be tech-savvy in order for it to work well with your needs!CHECK PRICE
- Fully portable and compact
- EPA Approved
- Produces electricity and recreational/personal areas
- Electric start is fast and convenient
- Huge 3850W running power
- Engine freezes periodically
Champion Dual Fuel Generator
- Dual Fuel: Operate your 3800-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (included) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Electric Start: Power up the 224cc Champion engine with the handy toggle switch, battery included
- Intelligauge: Keep track of voltage, hertz and run-time hours to easily monitor power output and track maintenance intervals. Dimensions-26.3 x 24.8 x 22.9 inches
This generator comes with a fuel selector switch that allows users to switch from propane to gas. It is guaranteed to operate at 69 decibels, delivering an unbelievably silent experience for those using it in their home and keeping appliances working on full power while operating outdoors.
Another feature lies in its push-to-start battery, which continues charging the device even when running – keeping your equipment protected by preventing trips back indoors or interruptions of work because of low electricity levels, all without having you lift a finger! The 3 prong outlet, as well as the 30 amp single twist-lock, come equipped with circuit breakers so nothing shorts out during use outside.
The Champion Dual Fuel Generator has a constant power of 3240 watts and a max power of 4275 watts. The device’s Intelligauge (Hz, hours, volts) enables users to monitor service periods and energy production. We also appreciated the inclusion of an RV socket or RVs in this dual fuel generator which not all come with but is still valuable for many uses!
The generator can last up to 10.5 hours on a propane tank and 9 hours on a 3.4 gal fuel tank, so it is an excellent option for customers who value power in their dual-fuel generators over other features!CHECK PRICE
- 3 year limited warranty with FREE lifetime technical support
- Huge 10.5 hours on a 20 lb. propane tank
- Reduced noise
- Adequate to operate on delicate gadgets
- Huge 3800W operating power
- Slightly pricier than alternatives
Sportsman Dual Fuel Generator
The Sportsman Dual Fuel Generator is a budget generator that can use both propane and gas. This option has excellent build quality, great capacity, and the price is within reach, making it an economical choice for those seeking to power their home without breaking the bank. With this unit, you are able to go from 12 hours on one tank of LP or 10 hours with 3.6 gallons of gasoline, essentially getting twice as much time between refills!
The size of this product is around 2 feet tall and 17 inches long. Users can lift the generator with its handlebars conveniently placed on either side since it weighs in at 90 pounds – a wheel kit comes included to make transporting easier!
The generator operates at 3,500 watts (starting wattage: 4,000 watts). You can expect it to run all your essential appliances like lights-, refrigerator-freezer-, or television-. While power rating isn’t too high for some users’ needs- running these essentials should get them through any situation that arises without trouble.
This generator comes equipped with a low oil shutoff feature, which is activated automatically when there’s little to no remaining oil. The protection it provides ensures that you don’t create an enormous accident by your own negligence in forgetting about the dry engine and running out of fuel.CHECK PRICE
- 4,000 Watts rated
- EPA Approved
- Environmentally friendly
- Doesn’t include the free wheel kit
Ford Dual Fuel Generator
The Ford Dual Fuel Generator is a great choice for emergencies and power outages. It provides 11,050 watts at peak power, so you can have plenty of appliances running during an emergency situation or when the electricity goes out.
The four-point isolated motor mounts help reduce vibration and sound caused by the motor to provide smooth operation while in use; it also comes with 10 nonflat wheels, which allows portability as well – no matter where your generator needs to go!
One tank of gasoline will power the generator for 10.5 hours, and propane can operate it up to 8 hours – but beware, after 16 hours of using, its motor might stop temporarily. If this issue occurs, feel free to call for a replacement because overall, this Ford Dual Fuel Generator is a great choice if you need one simple generator that can handle light appliancesCHECK PRICE
- Automatic Voltage Regulator
- Low Oil Shutoff
- Circuit Breaker
- Weak motor
Firman Dual Fuel Generator
- Dimensions: 29.9" L x 27.5" W x 26.1" H
- Power when you need it most. The H08051 Hybrid Dual Fuel portable generator is there to get the job done. Best used for emergency power, jobsite, farm/ranch, large RV’s and buses
- Delivers true 30A & 50A power
The Firman Dual Fuel Generator is known for its extensive fuel capacity and higher power production. For instance, it features 10,000 starting watts and 8,000 running watts (on gas).
When propane is used, it operates at 9050 starting watts with 7250 running wattage on average- making this the best generator available to help you out of any situation! Furthermore due to the Whisper series muffler reduces sound output by 74 decibels while still being silent enough not to cause a nuisance in your working environment.
The Firman 0HV engine is low maintenance, battery-saving powerhouse. When in use with the generator, it will provide lower downtime and faster appliance access! It’s also worth noting that when you run your generator on propane, some users have experienced this issue: The engine may die even if there are still substantial amounts of fuel left inside it.CHECK PRICE
- 12 hours of power
- Quiet muffler
- Automatic regulator
- Doesn’t fully function on propane
Champion Dual Fuel Inverter Generator
- Dual Fuel – Operate your 3400-watt portable generator right out of the box on either gasoline or propane, plus the unit holds 0.6-quarts of oil (recommended 10W-30) and has a low oil shut-off sensor
- Convenient Electric Start with 3-Position Ignition Switch – Battery included, plus Quick Touch Panel allows you to access all your controls in one spot.Noise Level :59 dBA at 23 feet. Frequency 60 Hz
- Ultra-Quiet Operation – 59 dBA is perfect for RVs, tailgating, your next project or backup power for your home, featuring 3400 starting watts and 3100 running watts with up to 7.5 hours run time on gasoline
The electric battery that allows users to start the generator at the push of a button is one way this model stands out from other generators. Furthermore, it’s powered by a large 224 cc engine, which enables touch-start as well, and with such power, you’ll never have to worry about when your appliances will be running smoothly again thanks to its dual-fuel capabilities. It also includes an automatic shutoff feature for when oil levels are too low, so not only can you keep using your appliance but ensure safety in doing so!
The generator uses 120V – 31.7A for running amps and 120V – 39.6A for starting amps when propane is used, respectively, which are a little less than other models we’ve seen so far at the same power output level with regards to build quality.
The difference in run time versus start-up capability can be compensated by having an adequate fuel supply on hand that will last you through any emergency situation without hesitation or interruption of your home’s electricity needs!CHECK PRICE
- Air cooled
- Electric and Recoil Start
- Ultra Quiet Operation
- Motor Gas Leaks