Last updated on July 30th, 2023.
A good function generator kit is precise, easy to use, and has outstanding signal strength.
Conversely, a crappy function generator kit is made from flimsy plastic and is full of signal noise.
To help you separate the best function generators from the junk—we review the Top 5 Function Generator Kits of 2023.
Buy with confidence knowing that you’re getting an accurate function generator at a reasonable price.
Let’s jump straight into the reviews.
|Koolertron Upgraded 15MHz DDS Signal Generator Counter,High Precision Dual-Channel Arbitrary...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Siglent Technologies SDG1032X Arbitrary Waveform - Function Generator|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|4-20mA Generator, DROK Adjustable Signal Generator, DC 0-10V 0 4-20mA Current Voltage Analog...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|JWGJW 24MHz Dual-Channel Arbitrary Waveform DDS Function Signal Generator Kit FY3200S||CHECK PRICE|
|Function Generator DIY KIT by JYE Tech FG085|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Top 5 Best Function Generator Kits
Koolertron 15MHz Function Generator Kit
- Arbitrary Waveform Generator adopts large scale FPGA integrated circuit and high-speed MCU microprocessor. The internal circuit adopts the active crystal oscillator as the benchmark. So the signal stability is greatly strengthened.
- Using Dual-channel DDS signal and TTL electric level output to generate precise, stable, low distortion output signal. includes Sine wave, Square wave, Triangle wave, Saw toothwave, Pulse wave, white noise, user-defined waveform etc. each channel can be independently set the parameters.
- With linear sweep(Max. up to 999.9s) and logarithmic frequency sweep functions.Has a frequency measurement, period measurement, positive and negative pulse width measurement and counting function.
The Koolertron 15MHz DDS Function Generator Kit took the top spot on our list for a good reason. The function generator operates on a dual-channel DDS technology that makes it easy to get precise and accurate waveforms, as well as 60 user-generated waves of varying shapes. Once you’ve selected your ideal signal type, the frequency range is up to 100 MHz with options between 1 Hz–150 kHz in sine form – perfect for any use case from audiovisual equipment design right through medical diagnostic imaging systems!
The device also has several measurement functions like period, negative pulse widths, or just about anything else you need when designing sound devices, such as loudspeakers and microphones.
When looking for the best DDS signal generator DIY kit, it was tough to find one that would do all of what we were looking for. We found ourselves wanting more from each model than they could offer us.
The function generators are great and come with some nice features like adjustable frequency. Still, when you really get down into testing equipment or using them in a wide spectrum of electronics applications – such as monolithic functions- other models couldn’t measure up against our expectations!
The range of waveforms available on this model is also imposing, which means you can test your gear without worry about any problems arising during usage because there’s always an option to use if something fails (we’ve been so frustrated by being limited in choice).CHECK PRICE
- Excellent precision
- Available duty cycle adjustment
- Incredible accuracy with impedance and frequencies
- Intuitive interface
- Outstanding signal strength
- Less stability at low frequencies
- Some noise in the output
Siglent Technologies SDG1032X Function Generator Kit
- Country Of Origin : China
- Square Waves To 30 Mhz
- Dual Channel. Sweep/ Burst/ Modulation/ Harmonics
The Siglent Technologies SDG1032X Function Generator Kit is a good-quality build from one of the best manufacturers of these products. The reviews say it all, and many people have found it to be their favorite function generator on this list!
While it’s the most expensive device by far, with its extensive range of capabilities and features for whatever you want out of your lab equipment – whether digital or analog modulation types are needed – there really isn’t anything that compares in quality.
Alongside being an excellent dual-channel unit with both amplitude variation up to 20 Vpp and frequency variations reaching 30 MHz (an absurdly high number!), what really makes this product stand out against other function generators is how gorgeous and easy it to read its display.
The DIY kit is a versatile and affordable solution for electronics hobbyists looking to up their game. With 196 pre-programmed waveforms, this device has something to offer nearly everyone, from amateur radio enthusiasts all the way through professional engineers who need an accurate square waves generator on hand without breaking the bank.CHECK PRICE
- Low noise output
- Accurate signals
- Crystal-clear display
- Versatile functionality
- Well-built to last
- High learning curve
DROK Adjustable Function Generator Kit
- AMP & VOLT DUAL SIGNAL GENERATOR: Multifunctional DROK signal generator kit is able to generate ampere & voltage by 1 module, which generate 0/4 - 20mA current signal and 0-10V voltage signal just by rotating a multi-cycle precise potentiometer, simple and handy.
- CLEAR LED DISPLAY: Our 4-20ma signal generator has bright and clear 3-digit LED digital display screen, which can be used to monitor the output current and voltage. You just need to push the switch below the monitor easy to switch the display.
- AMP & VOLT DISPLAY CALIBRATION: There are current and voltage display calibrating potentiometer on the back of the module. If the display is accurate, you can calibrate the display value of current voltage by yourself.
DROK Adjustable Function Generator Kits are a great value because they have low operating costs and are easy to use. The DROK function generator kit can be used for testing LEDs or performing PLC debugging, among other electronics applications.
The signal generator is well-designed and easy to calibrate using the potentiometer on the back of the device. It runs on DC24V. The LED display is well-lit and simple to read with a functional interface for adjusting frequencies, amplitude, and duration that is all displayed intuitively, making it perfect for beginners or hobbyists who need only basic functionality from their equipment at low cost.CHECK PRICE
- Excellent accuracy
- Simple operation
- Easy calibration
- Value priced
- Unstable PCB
- Overheats with long use
Jinwen Function Generator Kit
If you are looking for an affordable function generator, the Jinwen Function Generator Kit is a great buy. The device includes extra cables and tools to get started, including two 1.1m Q9 cables, one 1.25mUSB cable, a power supply cable, and more!
You can use this DIY kit as either CH1 or CH2 in your system-creating functionality that will be simple to operate from the start with its easy on pocketbook DDS direct digital synthesis technology.
The Waveform Generator features an extensive frequency range of 0Hz – 24MHz and can output a fixed DC voltage. You have the option to save up to 20 locations, so you don’t lose your place when working on multiple projects, which is convenient!
The only downsides are that it has a short electrical cord and moves around because it’s lightweight. All in all, this device by Tektronix provides excellent value for electronics enthusiasts who want more options than what their oscilloscope offers them.CHECK PRICE
- 20 memory presets
- High precision
- Top-notch functionality
- Intuitive operation
- Excellent value for the price
- Lack of a sensitivity control
- Short electrical cord
JYE Tech FG085 Function Generator Kit
- Generating continuous waveforms of Sine, Square, Triangle, Ramp (up and down), and Staircase (up and down)
- Generating user defined arbitrary waveforms (AWG)
- Generating frequency sweeping signals of selected waveforms. Start frequency, stop frequency, and sweep rate can be independently set
The JYE Tech FG085 Function Generator Kit is an affordable option for those looking to take their projects in a more complicated direction. It lits the sine, square, triangle ramp up and down and supports both staircases and arbitrary waveforms.
The display on this device is easy to read despite its brightness levels – which you can adjust depending on your working environment with ease thanks to the rotary encoder that controls amplitude/frequency- when it comes into play during the use of these unique waveshapes!
The function generator DIY kit includes everything necessary from power supplies all the way through input cables, so there’s no need to worry about anything else but enjoying what this product has been designed for experimentation within electronic enthusiasts’ minds.
The frequency on the sine wave goes up to 200KHz, with an amplitude range: 0 – 10V peak-to-peak. You can set the offset, amplitude, and frequency via a button push on this number pad.
The downside is that it’s noisy, meaning you won’t be able to use it for any audio projects or testing, so avoid it if you’re using it as part of a school project due to noise pollution in your work environment. Assembly does require some YouTube videos, though, but don’t let this put you off because once assembled, there are many fun functions!CHECK PRICE
- Seven different continuous waveforms
- Affordably priced
- Simple sweeping function
- Frequencies up to 200KHz
- Settings saved on shutdown
- Unclear assembly instructions
- Not usable for audio applications