A great GFCI Outlet will protect your gear from any electrical hazard.
Nobody wants fried appliances, and the burned scent is a big no-no.
The top-notch GFCI outlets can automatically self-detect internal errors, provide continuous ground fault shielding, and are quick to install.
A bad GFCI outlet is a potential fire hazard (not to mention a complete waste of time and money).
To help you separate a good outlet from a defective one – we’ve reviewed the Top 5 Best GFCI Outlets of 2021.
Buy with confidence as you’re buying one of the best GFCI outlets available.
Let’s get straight to the reviews.
|Leviton GFNT1-W Self-Test SmartlockPro Slim GFCI Non-Tamper-Resistant Receptacle with LED...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Legrand - Pass & Seymour 1597TRWCC10 Legrand radiant Self-Test GFCI Outlet, 15 Amp, White|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|EATON TRSGF15W Arrow Hart Tamper Resistant Duplex Gfci Receptacle, 125 Vac, 15 A, 2 Pole, 3 Wire,...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|1 Pack GFCI Outlet, 20Amp 120V Self-Test Receptacle, Tamper Resistant Weather Resistant with LED...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Lutron, White CAR-15-GFST-WH Claro 15-Amp Self-Testing Receptacle|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best GFCI Outlet
Leviton GFCI Outlet
- For an added layer of protection, the GFCI regularly conducts an automatic internal test to confirm that it can respond to a ground fault
- Provides continuous ground fault protection detects and trips on actual ground fault even when self test is being conducted
- Status indicator light shows power and protection status as well as indication of line/load reversal
Our first pick is the Leviton GFCI Outlet. Boasting the slimmest design existing on the market, this GFCI outlet is easy and fast to install. It features an all-white receptacle that holds 15-20 Amps when connected to a strong wall plate delivered with the device.
This is one of the best GFCI outlets to purchase if you plan to install it yourself. The easy to follow steps make it perfect for both novices and professional electricians.
The Leviton GFCI Outlet is also famous for its reset lock mechanism that stops the outlet from resetting itself if it’s not properly working or it’s incorrectly wired.
Due to its sturdiness and the quality of the materials used in its making, the Levinton GFCI outlet has a long lifespan and it’s recommended to be used outdoors.
Another feature that makes it stand out is the Smart Lock Pro Self Test. With this function, the outlet has the capability to cut power in case it detects any ground faults. Its LED indicator present on the device tlets you know whether the outlet works.
The Levinton GFCI outlet is our best overall choice and we highly recommend buying it as you cannot go wrong with this product.CHECK PRICE
- Enhanced protection due to reset lockout and self-testing features
- Small low profile design
- LED status indicator
- Easy to install
- Reset button is hard to push
Legrand GFCI Outlet
- The product is 15A, 125V, White, Self Testing GFCI Receptacle
- Easy and simple use kit
- The product is manufactured in China
As the premium product on our list, we chose the Legrand GFCI Outlet. This is the only GFCI outlet capable of an auto-test every 30 seconds. This is faster than the industry benchmark, which states 3-hour increments.
If you are looking for a tamper-resistant and durable GFCI outlet, this is the perfect choice for you. Its internal shutter system is a cool safety measure due to the automatic shutters that close off access. As a plus, it has an elegant design and a nice touch.
The trip indicator shows a LED red light every time the outlet fails a test. If this happens, it means that the current GFCI needs to be replaced. The SafeLock Protection feature will disconnect the receptacle if the outlet’s components are damaged.
Apart from the outlet itself, the package also includes a matching wall plate, screws, and a sheet of stickers for outlet protection.
To summarize, the Legrand GFCI Outlet represents a good option that keeps your appliances functioning at a safe and effective level.CHECK PRICE
- Runs a safety auto-test every 3 seconds
- SafeLock Protection feature
- Package includes a matching wall plate
- Doesn't comply to the USA electrical standards
Eaton GFCI Outlet
- Includes Color matched standard size wallplate
- Gfcis provide protection from dangerous electrical shocks that might occur from faulty appliances or tools, wet or Damp locations
- Automatically self tests periodically to ensure gfci protection
For those interested in purchasing a reliable product at an affordable price, we’ve chosen the Eaton GFCI Outlet. Its robust construction and high resistance to weather moods make it the best option for outdoor use.
The Eaton GFCI Outlet delivers electrical shock protection and periodical automatic self-testing. If it detects any power-related issues, a red light will signal danger and the receptacle will stop functioning. Moreover, its tamper-resistant shutters will prevent any foreign object insertion.
Its tapered wire openings can be used for 10 AWG standard or solid wires of different sizes. It comes with a pack of 3 outlets, so this is a real bargain. Due to its safety features and affordable price, the Eaton GFCI outlets are fit for both commercial and residential use.
A small drawback is that it does not have any certifications. However, we strongly recommend this product, especially for damp and wet areas where other outlets might get shocked.CHECK PRICE
- Weather and tamper-resistant
- Perfect for wet and damp areas
- Best outlet for child safety
- No standard certifications
Lutron GFCI Outlet
- 15-Amp duplex receptacle
- Tamper resistant shutter mechanism
- Test/reset button automatically checks every 30 seconds to ensure the unit is functioning properly
Our next pick is the Lutron GFCI Outlet. This is another product that comes with a self-test capability every 30 seconds. Easy to install and boasting a compact design, this outlet is very useful to any DIY electrician.
Similar to the other products we’ve reviewed, the Lufton GFCI Outlet has a tamper-resistant shutter system that prevents debris or harmful elements get inside the device. This is a sturdy and durable product that comes in a wide range of colors.
Featuring a 15 amp receptacle, the outlet delivers sufficient power for most basic appliances. Its reverse wire safety feature will stop using energy if disconnected. The outlet also includes a guide pocket and an internal back wiring clamp.
Although the price tag might be shocking, the Lufton GFCI outlet remains a good choice when it comes to safety measures. Also, if you have an obsession with color matching or you are an aspiring interior designer, this is the right outlet for you.CHECK PRICE
- Features tamper-resistant shutters for child safety
- Self-testing for circuits' integrity every 30 seconds
- Reverse Wire Safety feature
- Comes in different colors
- Expensive product
Ryanbrat GFCI Outlet
- 【Self Testing & Led Indicator】GFCI outlet can automatically test every 10 minutes to assure the receptacle is functioning properly. It provides electric shock protection and prevents the risk of an electrical fire caused by ground fault. Green LED indicator should always be on only if GFCI is running to the end of life, the LED indicator will turn red, reminding it should be replaced.
- 【Weather Resistant】This GFCI outlet is built with UV-resistant material and designed for corrosion resistant which can be installed both indoors and outdoors. Perfect for damp environments like bathroom and kitchen.
- 【Tamper Resistant】Comes with built-in shutter system that prevents objects from being inserted into the receptacle unless both prongs of a plug are inserted at the same time, completely safe for kids.
The last product on our list is the Ryanbrat GFCI outlet, a product with great weather resistance. Made from UV-resistant materials, it is one of the best options for wet and damp environments such as kitchen, bathroom, or outdoor areas.
Its automatic self-testing occurs every 10 minutes and, if the LED light is flashing green, the receptacle functions properly. When the LED light turns red, it means the outlet reached the end of its life and requires replacement.
The built-in shutter system prevents foreign objects and debris from getting into the receptacle. The only way it can be accessed is through both of the probes being accessed simultaneously. Kids and pets are safe despite their efforts.
Installing a Ryanbrat GFCI outlet is not an easy task so you’d better call one of those electricians. And you know what is the best thing about this product? It comes in a 5-pack, 5 wall plates and a GFCI tester included. But wait, there’s more – the manufacturer offers 24 months 100% money-back guarantee.CHECK PRICE
- Tamper and Weather Resistant
- Self-Testing and LED indicator
- UL and CUL certified
- Difficult to install