Last updated on June 15th, 2021 at 10:57 pm.
Whether you’re an electrician or a professional cave explorer, you need a high-quality headlamp.
(Working in the dark is a great way to get injured).
The best head torches provide bright light, don’t get easily damaged by dust and moisture, and have a nice long battery life.
While a horrible headlamp will frustrate the hell out of you—a dim light that is constantly on recharge.
So to help you separate the good from the junk—we’ve reviewed the Top 5 Best Headlamps for Work of 2021.
Buy with the confidence that you’re getting a headlamp that won’t run out of battery in 10 minutes.
Let’s jump straight into the reviews.
|Black Diamond Storm Headlamp, One Size, Black|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|PETZL - ACTIK CORE Headlamp|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|LED Headlamps, Neolight Super Bright 5 LED High Lumen Rechargeable Zoomable Waterproof Head torch...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Headlamp, Rechargeable Headlamp for Adults, Waterproof Headlamps Flashlight, Lightweight Led Work...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 5 Best Headlamps For Work
Black Diamond Headlamp
- One Quad Power LED and one Double Power white LED emit 350 lumens
- Red, green and blue Single Power LEDs for night vision have dimming and strobe settings and activate without cycling through white mode
- Power Tap Technology allows instant transitioning between full and dimmed power
The Black Diamond Headlamp is our best overall choice, the best light-bringer available. Featuring Power tap Technology, this head torch instantly transitions between full and dimmed power.
Its amazing IP67 rating offers complete protection against dust and water (immersion up to 1m). You no longer have to fear rainy days or harsh working environments.
Another incredible feature of this headlamp is the inclusion of five different modes such as proximity, distance, dimming, strobe and RGB night-vision. What else can you ask for?
The battery run time is up to 120 hours, so you don’t need to recharge it every single day. Moreover, the whole combo comes at an affordable price.
Black Diamond headlamp is an excellent head torch for caving, biking or camping. It can also be successfully used by electricians when working in dark, cramped places. We strongly recommend you to give it a try as you will no longer want something else.CHECK PRICE
- Compact design
- IP67 rating - Waterproof and dustproof
- Up to 120 hour battery life
- Five different working modes
- Some find the headstrap a little small
- HAVE A LIT ADVENTURE: The powerful and lightweight ACTIK CORE is built for mountaineering, running, cycling, hiking, and backpacking.
- BRILLIANT BEAMS: Features two beam patterns (wide and mixed) to meet your need for high-performance lighting for outdoor activities.
- TURN YOUR BRIGHTS DOWN: The red lighting preserves night vision and prevents blinding other members of the group.
Our premium choice is the Petzl headlamp, a useful tool for both indoor and outdoor activities. This rechargeable head torch comes with a high price tag but the features it boasts make it worth every penny.
With an amazing duration of up to 130 hours, this headlamp includes a lithium-ion battery but it is also compatible with regular AAA batteries. In fact, this is one of the few rechargeable headlamps out there. All you need are 3 hours and it is ready to go.
The compact and intuitive design makes the Petzl headlamp easy to use and clean. Featuring an IPX4 protection rating, this headlamp is not fully waterproof. However, the rest of the features compensate for this lack.
Perfect for working in tight places, this head torch has four different modes: high, medium, low and red strobe. Moreover, there is also a locking feature and you can also choose between a wide beam pattern and a mixed one.
Its mixed pattern is ideal for precision and close-up work, as you’ll still maintain peripheral lighting along with the focused beam. Offering up to 450 lumens, the Petzl headlamp is perfect for indoor activities.
If you are not on a tight budget and you wish to spend the night in the middle of nature, the Petzl headlamp is your weapon of choice. The product comes with a 5-years warranty for the head torch and a 2-years guarantee for the lithium-ion battery. Pretty cool, right?CHECK PRICE
- Compact and lightweight design
- Includes a rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- 450 lumens for up to 130 hours
- Compatible with AAA batteries
- 5-years Warranty
- Not fully waterproof
- ★ POWERFUL HIGH LUMENS WHITE LIGHT- A set of 5 high performance LED bulbs give you the brightest illumination up to 100,000 hours, and you'll be able to see up to 1640 feet (500 meters) away even when it's pitch dark.
- ★ RECHARGEABLE & LONG-LIFE BATTERY - Never buy batteries again. Our headlamp is powered by 2x 3.7V 18650 rechargeable batteries, up to 8 -10 hours working time under full charge.
- ★ ADJUSTABLE FOCUS - When you want to focus on a specific object, zoom in to project a bright spotlight. Zoom out and you easily turn your beam into a wide floodlight that's ideal for lighting up an entire room or a campsite.
Cheap is not always bad, and this is the case with the Neolight Head Torch. This affordable headlamp is ultra-bright and boasts an impressive battery life.
The manufacturer included 5 bright LEDs that allow you to see objects up to 500 meters away. Since with great power comes great responsibility, you can always use one of the 4 lighting modes so you won’t blind your companions.
Including an adjustable focus function, the headlamp allows you to zoom in and project a powerful beam of light on a specific object. Moreover, you can adjust the headlamp to 90 degrees thus controlling the lighting position.
The battery of the Neolight headlamp lasts up to 10 hours with a single LED, or 4 hours in Ultra Brightness mode (Strobe). You get lots of flexibility in how you charge your headlamp as it includes a USB charging cable, a US wall outlet charger and a USB Charging Cable.
Made out of durable aluminium alloy, the headlamp is abrasion-resistant and IPX5 waterproof. Rain is no longer a showstopper.
The adjustable strap ensures that you can wear this headlamp on your bare head or with protective headgear on, making it versatile enough for different environments.
Overall, the Neolight headlamp returns an excellent value for the money. Once you get it, you’ll never want something else.CHECK PRICE
- Powerful white light that allows you to see up to 500m away
- Waterproof and abrasion-resistant
- Long battery life
- Includes a USB charging cable and a US wall outlet charger
- Adjustable focus and 4 different lighting modes
- Feels heavier on the forehead
HG Work Headlamp
- 💡FOUR MODE - This led headlamp has four lighting modes, including the main light mode that can illuminate for 6-8 hours, the 4 sub-lights mode for 8-10 hours, the full-light mode for 4-6 hours, and the strobe mode for less than four hours.
- 💡LIGHTWEIGHT & COMFORTABLE - Compared to other bulky headlamps that are close to 1lb, this work light weighs only 0.41lb. In addition, the elastic headband and two buckles allow you to adjust the tightness. Even if you wear it for a long time for work, you won't feel any discomfort.
- 💡IPX6 WATERPROOF - Built-in high-capacity rechargeable battery makes it anti water better. It can work normally in rainy days, even be immersed in water for a short time. Note: Even if water enters the lampshade accidentally, it can be used normally after drying.
The next product we’ve reviewed is the HG Work Headlamp, a tool that offers an incredibly powerful bright light of 12,000 lumens.
Its 5 Led bulbs, responsible for the brightness, transform this headlamp into the perfect companion for any outdoor activity.
The compact and lightweight design makes it easy to wear while the adjustable headband allows you to fit the head torch on headgear.
HG headlamp has four different lighting modes, including a full-light mode (illuminates up to 4-6 hours) and a strobe mode that works for less than 4 hours.
IPX6 rated, this headlamp can be used even if it is immersed in water for a short time. Moreover, if water enters the lampshade by accident, the head torch works normally after drying.
In case you plan to use the headlamp frequently, its rechargeable Lithium-ion batteries will help you save money. Although it comes with two batteries, the headlamp uses only one at a time.
As for drawbacks, we need to mention the design – some people find it unappealing, and the high price tag. But, the amazing brightness it offers will soon make you forget you look like a bug when wearing it.
To summarize, although the price is a little higher, the HG work headlamp is perfect for working on dark job sites or nightly outdoor activities.CHECK PRICE
- Impressive 12,000 lumens brightness
- Has 4 different lighting modes
- Waterproof - IPX6 rated
- Long battery life
- Unappealing design
GRDE Work Headlamp
Our last recommendation is the GRDE headlamp, a model that offers 1,800 lumens brightness.
Perfect for both indoor and outdoor activities, this head torch is also reasonably priced. Moreover, this headlamp comes with two lithium-ion rechargeable batteries and different types of chargers – wall charger, car charger, and USB charger.
Made out of aluminium alloy, the GRDE headlamp is waterproof. It also has several different lighting modes and a zoom-in function. The angle of the beam light can be adjusted along a 90-degree angle.
Although some customers complained that the headlamp won’t last too long, it remains a perfect choice. The price is more than fair and the brightness of the light is top-notch.
Overall, the GRDE headlamp is a great acquisition for those who like a good night run or other outdoor activities.CHECK PRICE
- Offers 1,800 lumens brightness
- Fairly priced
- Light angle adjustment and zoom function
- Comes with different chargers
- Won't last too long
- Flimsy rubber battery cover