There’s nothing more annoying than a flimsy, uncomfortable toolbelt.
A quality toolbelt will have plenty of pockets to hold your tools, is durable, and comfortable on a long day on the job.
So to help you separate the good from the junk—we reviewed the Top 6 Electrician’s Tool Belts on the market.
Buy with the confidence that you’re getting one of the best tool belts on the market.
Let’s dive right into the reviews.
amazon box=’B004EZJMSS,B005Z5BFYU,B001P30BU0,B00GBSDUVG,B000EDVU16,B01H0PGPZG’ template=’table’]
Table of Contents
Best Electricians Tool Belt
Gatorback Tool Belt – Best Overall
- SIZING - MEASURE ACTUAL WAIST SIZE, DO NOT USE PANT SIZE. When measuring waist, make sure to measure tighter as you would when putting on a belt. All of the Gatorback sizing is based off the average fit for each size, if there is any issue with sizing contact us before returning and we will send out the size you need free of charge! We like to look out for our customers!
- WARRANTY: Every product sold by Gatorback is backed by a one year defect free warranty! If there is a problem with the bags such as a rivet or stitching, contact us, we will replace the defective piece on your belt free of charge! The product must be purchased from us to be protected under our warranty.
- MAXIMUM COMFORT: The Gatorback Tool Belts have a patented air channel design to provide the user with a breathable, comfortable and sweat free experience. Even the foam backing we use in our belts is an ultra-breathable material to keep the belt cool and comfortable!
If you’re looking for a great electrician tool belt, Gatorback B240 Belt is your best bet. It has 29 pockets with an individualized hammer holster and tape clip which will store all of the tools you need in any given situation conveniently while still providing a reasonable price point that won’t break the bank!
To improve the durability of this belt, Gatorback included rivets and bar tack stitching along stress points. This reinforced design really makes the Gatorback stand out as a nylon belt – it has the robustness that comes close to leather belts at an affordable price point for those who can’t afford them.
This belt is available in six different sizes – from Small (26”-30”) up to 3 XL (50″55″). That means you’re guaranteed a perfect fit every time! The best thing about these belts? They look great with any outfit but will also take on your adventurous lifestyle so well because they are made without breaking down or wearing thin over time as other cloth products do.
The belt is made of durable nylon and stays nice and light. A thick, padded interior provides back support as well as comfort when carrying your heavy tools around. The designers have done a great job keeping the thickness just right so that it’s not too bulky but still sturdy enough to hold up for long periods without breaking down – perfect if you don’t want to worry about lugging along a replacement!
The Gatorback has a patented air channel design, so you end up with an extremely comfortable and breathable experience. The padding on the back of this belt is designed to have channels in them -this reduces how much sweat accumulates there when working long days or through hot summer months. All things considered, the Gatorback Tool Pouch really does provide excellent value for those looking for quality toolbelts at low prices!CHECK PRICE
- Comes with a 1 year defect-free warranty
- Comes included with various accessories
- Extremely comfortable
- Patented air channel design for added beathability
- Nice big pouches
- Nylon doesn’t age as well as leather
Occidental Leather Tool Belt – Premium Choice
- Hand-Specific Tool Holders Promote Maximum Working Rhythm on the Job
- Function Engineered for the Modern Electrician
- No Spill Tool Holder System
Comfortable. Convenient. High-quality–that’s the Occidental Leather Toolbelt in 3 words (and a hyphen). This toolbelt provides a tonne of storage space, and it’s not just lightweight but comfortable as well! The belt has an adjustable strap that fits all shapes of wearers, from Small to 3X-Large; easy peasy finding your perfect fit with this one.
With over 30 pouches for everything you need on-site or out there working hard at some construction job, even if you lose them, they are still safe inside their respective compartments until retrieved again by someone who will love using this functional piece too!.
The toolbelt features specialized compartments designed to hold all the best electricians tools like multimeters, insulated screwdrivers, and electrical pliers.
These are very handy because they give each tool a nice snug fit, securing them in place while you’re walking around. The belt itself is constructed from high-quality leather that looks good, feels great, and is made right here in America!
If you’re looking for a toolbelt that will last, then this one is definitely it. It’s made with high-quality material, and the craftsmanship proves its worth from every stitch to every buckle.
That said, while not cheap per se (it’s certainly more expensive than those other bargain models), but I can assure you that there are many reasons why this belt really does live up to what others might call an “investment.”CHECK PRICE
- Made in the USA
- 6 different sizes – Small to XXX-Large
- Heaps of storage – 30 different compartments
- Lightweight and comfortable
- Heavy duty high quality leather construction
- Not the cheapest on the market
- Lacks a specialized clip for a tape measure
Dewalt Tool Belt – Great Value
- ADUSTABLE WORK APRON: This DEWALT framer's combo apron with suspenders has fully-adjustable padded suspenders to help distribute weight evenly.
- 20 POCKET WORK APRON: This DEWALT combo apron has 20 pockets and sleeves for nails, parts, tools, nail sets, pencils, etc.
- COMFORTABLE WORK APRON: The padded belt with double-tongue roller buckle on this work apron provides extra comfort and helps keep belt stable.
For those who are looking to get the most for their money from an electrician’s tool belt, this touch pouch from Dewalt is one of our top picks. With a total of 20 pockets and a three-inch deep design that can hold nearly all items you need on your job site (ranging in size), it’s easy to see why we would recommend this work belt with suspenders!
If you’re someone who prefers wearing suspenders over any other type of belts or carrying system – then look no further than these tools – they were made just for YOU.
Dewalt Tool Pouch – You don’t have to be a professional contractor, woodworker, or electrician for these tool pouches from Dewalt. The company has crafted this durable and reliable item with the average person in mind!
This belt’s interior is padded, so you can remain comfortable throughout your workday, while its gusset pockets are designed for larger loads of supplies than other belts on the market.
With an affordable price point and long-life durability, it won’t take much persuading before people start asking if they could get their hands on one themselves.CHECK PRICE
- Adjustable from 29” to 46”
- Heaps of pockets for storage
- Comes with padded suspenders
- Fantastic low price
- Takes some time to break in
- Plastic strap connectors
Dickies Tool Belt
- COOLING MESH - 5-inch moisture wicking, mesh backed waist belt adjusts from 32 to 50-inches to provide a comfortable custom fit
- DURABLE CANVAS - Fabricated of heavy-duty and rip-resistant canvas for durability
- LEFT-SIDE STORAGE - Left pouch has 3 wide opening pockets, 3 smaller tool pockets and 2 tool loops
Dickies Work Gear’s Four-Piece Tool Belt is a belt that has many small pockets. The canvas material isn’t very durable, and the work belts only have seven large pockets, making it more difficult to find things when needed in an emergency.
Dickies Work Gear’s four-piece toolbelt may be good for light jobs but not heavy-duty ones requiring you to carry everything at once because of its low number of large pocket slots and durability issues with fabric choice (canvas) and lack of organizational features like dividers or loops.
This toolbag is a complete waste of money. It doesn’t have the suspenders, which also means that they keep sliding off because there’s no chest retention at all on these belts!
The only redeeming quality to this work belt is its affordable price tag compared to other brands but don’t worry–you’re better off spending more for Dewalt DG5641 if you want something worth your time and effort.CHECK PRICE
- Steel buckle
- Low price
- Only seven pockets
- Bags and suspenders keep slipping off
- Canvas construction isn’t durable
CLC Custom Leathercraft Tool Belt
- EVEN WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION: Unique, padded suspenders on this tool belt are engineered to carry loads comfortably and distribute weight evenly without strain on lower back and hips.
- EASY TO CARRY TOOL BELT: The handle design on this tool belt provides simple adjustments for easy carrying and storage without spilling contents.
- 28 POCKET TOOL BELT: A zippered top flap pouch on this tool belt helps to prevent spillage of tools when not in use. 28 pockets for plenty of storage
The CLC Custom Leathercraft 1608 is even more affordable than the Dewalt belt we reviewed earlier, but unfortunately, it just can’t offer as much value for money. While the ~20 dollars shaved off of the price makes it a tempting option, you’ll find that this work belt suffers in some key areas, which will lead to wasted time and effort on your part. Let me tell you all about these features so that I can help make sure you don’t end up wasting your hard-earned cash!
There was a lot of space on this belt for all the tools you need to get your job done, and it is durable enough so that as long as you are not tearing through any bags with pliers or anything like that, they will hold up. It’s also very comfortable because there were no issues when I put my heavy tool on one side and pulled them tight across my back.
This electrician work belt did come short, though, where durability is concerned, which may be an issue if you plan on using it extensively, but at least it’s still worth checking out!CHECK PRICE
- Bags are easy to reach and feature handles
- 28 pockets
- Very low price
- Poor durability
- Suspenders could be a bit stronger
TradeGear Tool Belt
TradeGear’s work belt is a reliable choice for those looking to be prepared with all of their tools. With 27 pockets and padding along with the interior, this product excels in some areas while lacking slightly in price.
The tradeoff may not seem worth it considering plenty of competitors offer more for what you pay, so consider your options before investing!
The TradeGear tool belt, made by Gatorback, is a durable and reliable product. It comes with an adjustable nylon strap that makes sure the belt will fit your waist size perfectly each time you wear it.
The unique design of this model means there’s no need to worry about tearing or ripping during use – a common problem for many belts on the market! If durability isn’t important, then consider opting for another alternative like the lower-priced Gatorback B240.
- Extremely durable
- Excellent nylon construction
- 27 roomy pockets
- Tape holder could be a bit bigger
- A little too expensive