Last updated on June 17th, 2021 at 03:10 am.
A long day in the hot sun is pretty rough… so there’s no need to make that worse with an uncomfortable, itchy pair of work pants.
We’ve worn and reviewed dozens of uncomfortable, poorly fitting work pants—so you don’t have to.
So here’s our review of the Top 6 Electricians Work Pants of 2021.
Buy with the confidence that you won’t be scratching your ass all day.
(well, at least not because of your pants).
Let’s jump straight into the reviews.
|Carhartt Men's Firm Duck Double-Front Work Dungaree Pant B01|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Timberland PRO Work Men's A1OVC Bender Utility Pant|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Dickies Men's Loose Fit Double Knee Work Pant|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Caterpillar Men's Trademark Pant Regular Big Tall|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|5.11 Tactical Men's Taclite Pro Lightweight Performance Pants, Cargo Pockets, Action Waistband,...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Wrangler RIGGS Workwear Men’s Ranger Pant|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Best Work Pants for Electricians
Carhartt Work Pants
- Straight-leg work pant in 12-ounce heavyweight cotton duck featuring hammer loop and reinforced paneling at knees.
- Side utility pockets and heavy-hauling reinforced back pockets with logo tag
- Loose Original Fit
The best overall from our point of view is the Carhartt set of work pants. Made out of heavyweight cotton, these pants are designed for harsh working environments. The superior quality comes with a reasonable price tag, and this is awesome.
With a straight-leg cut, these pants will have a bit of a looser fit, meaning you feel comfortable. They allow you to move freely while you work. Also, the triple stitching helps you avoid rips and tears that might embarrass you. The reinforced knee pads allow you to work near to the ground without getting sore.
The pants are available in a range of four colors, ranging from black to the signature Carhartt brown. Additional features include reinforced front pockets where you can store extra tools, a hammer loop, and stiff rear pockets.
Easy to clean and maintain, these original made-in USA work pants are the best product you can buy. According to many happy customers, these are an excellent choice for electricians.CHECK PRICE
- 100% Cotton made
- Triple stitched main seams
- Reinforced pockets and hammer loop
- Made in USA
- Sizing too small
Timberland PRO Work Pants
- Flexible and durable cotton canvas
- Articulated knee in sturdy 1000D cardura nylon canvas with top loading knee pad opening
- Two-inch drain holes
If you are willing to spend more on a pair of work pants, we recommend you to check the pants made by Timberland. Excellent quality and a comfortable design are the main features of this product.
Made out of a blend of cotton and elastane, these pants are less likely to tear and give you more freedom of movement. In case you need to bend and kneel often, you will feel as comfortable as possible. You have the option to choose between jet black and pewter, both muted colors that don’t show dirt.
The Timberland work pants include kneepad pockets that can be used when you need to do work on the ground. If you stand for most of the day, you can remove the pads or add thinner padding. Or simply use these pockets for carrying extra tools.
Another useful inclusion is the smartphone pocket placed a little further back thus getting the device out of the way and preventing damage. The crotch gusset allows you to freely bend, kneel, or reach.
Overall, the Timberland PRO work pants are a good addition to your gear. If the budget is not a show stopper, you can consider buying a pair of pants that will surely last for a long time.CHECK PRICE
- Very comfortable
- Feature Flexible Gridflex construction
- Include optional knee padding
- Easy to maintain
- Material rips easily
Dickies Work Pants
- REINFORCED KNEES: These wrinkle & fade resistant cotton/poly twill blend pants feature an extra layer of fabric reinforcement at the knees so they don't wear thin & blow out. They're the perfect pant for kneeling, bending and getting in and out of trucks.
- STURDY FUNCTIONALITY: These pants feature a sturdy metal hook-&-eye waist closure, signature tunnel belt loops for extra support, side seam front pockets & back welt pockets for a flap-free contour, plus an easy-access multi-use pocket on the right leg
- QUALITY & COMFORT: Our pants are made with quality, comfort & value in mind. Our workwear products have distinctive designs with attention to detail on every garment, including easy care wrinkle resistant fabrics, roomy pockets & sturdy zippers & buttons
Our choice for the most affordable product is the pair of work pants from Dickies. Despite the low price, Dickies pants are some of the most popular work pants around. The strong blend of cotton and polyester makes these pants very durable. Moreover, they are fade resistant thus always looking brand new.
The loose fit of the Dickies pants allows you to comfortably work in tight areas or other cramped positions. They also feature reinforced knee panels so working close to the ground is no longer a challenge.
Although the multi-use pocket on the rear is large enough to carry extra tools, you shouldn’t be afraid to lose anything as its secure design helps to keep the items safe. Other nice features are the tunnel belt loops for increased support, side seam front pockets, and back welt.
Now, if you are a posh electrician, it is important to know that Dickies pants come in a wide range of colors such as khaki, black, and even dark green. Can you ask for more?CHECK PRICE
- Very affordable
- Stain and wrinkle-resistant
- More durable than similar pants
- Come in a wide range of colors
- Tend to break after washing
- Sizing is inconsistent
Wrangler Work Pants
- Heavyweight cotton ripstop work pant featuring reinforced knees, right side hammer loop, and roomy side cargo pockets with flaps
- Zip fly with button
Our next pick is a set of work pants more stylish than you are used to – Wrangler Riggs work pants. Built to last and very affordable, these pants are an excellent choice for a posh electrician.
Made out of cotton ripstop fabric, the Wrangler pants are reinforced in the knees, seams, and tape measure clip. As a plus, the back pockets are lined in 1000 Denier Cordura, meaning that they will not fail you anytime soon.
The reinforced knees paneling includes a dirt drop vent while the Room2Move design allows you to freely move even in tight areas. A hammer loop is conveniently placed near the right pocket, and there are two additional cargo pouches on the sides.
A nice feature is the leather tape reinforcement in the areas near the pockets. The included action gusset crotch is also designed to be flexible but also strong enough to last.
Overall, these pants are a great choice if you aim to look stylish while on a job site. And, according to the many customers, they are indeed built to last. Definitely a must-have.CHECK PRICE
- Stylish work pants
- Comfortable Room2Move design
- Flexible and strong gusset
- Feature reinforced construction
- Sizing is too small
- Velcro pockets
Caterpillar Work Pants
- Utility pant featuring gripper tape at inner waistband and tool holders at side
- Bellowed cargo pockets and cell phone pocket
- Wide center-back belt loop
The work pants from Caterpillar are another product with a high price tag attached. They come with a few additional features that are very useful to hard-working electricians and not only.
Including a bunch of multi-purpose pockets, these work pants are ideal if you need to carry many tools on the job sites. Moreover, they come with two removable front pull-nylon pouches that give you more storage space if needed.
The tool holder loops and gripper tape along the inside of the waistband are other useful traits of the Caterpillar pants. And, like any other respectable set of work pants, they have integral padding over the knees. However, you will have to purchase the knee pads separately.
Although might consider this product overpriced, it remains a valid option if you look for durable and reliable work pants. So why not become a member of the “Cat” pants owners community?CHECK PRICE
- Comfortable and classic design
- Plenty storage space
- Made out of heavy-duty fabric
- Features removable front pouches
- The attached knee pads tend to move
5.11 Tactical Pants
- HIGH-QUALITY MATERIAL - Constructed using premium polyester and cotton mechanical stretch Taclite ripstop fabric with a triple-stitching built, this pair of pants is sturdy and flexible to ensure maximum performance in the field.
- TEFLON-TREATED FABRIC - Coated with Teflon, these pants have a protective finish that resists stain, soil, and moisture without compromising breathability. The coating also makes it easier to clean this garment!
- FULLY GUSSETED CONSTRUCTION - Featuring a gusseted inseam and a fitted appearance, this pair of pants offers optimum flexibility and a comfortable fit to eliminate your worries about rips and tears.
The last product we would like to recommend is the 5.11 Tactical pair of work pants, a comfortable and practical set of pants.
Made out of a blend of polyester and cotton ripstop, these pants are also coated in a Teflon finish that prevents them from tearing apart. You can wear them on the harshest worksites without fearing they will fall apart. The triple-stitched reinforcement points represent an additional measure against wear and tear.
5.11 Tactical work pants also include integral knee padding and additional pouches for extra pads if needed. You can kneel as much as you want, your knees will be well protected from getting sore.
When it comes to storage space, these pants are not the best. Although they have eight pockets, these are not as deep as you might want. Nevertheless, we are talking about eight (8) pockets…
Overall, the 5.11 Tactical pants are a reliable product that will serve their purpose. They are definitely an option to consider.CHECK PRICE
- Made out of heavy-duty fabric
- Feature gusseted inseam
- Coated in Teflon
- Come in a variety of colors
- More suitable for outdoor activities
- Superficial pockets