Last updated on April 27th, 2021 at 05:56 am.
Working with a soldering iron can be very satisfying until…it doesn’t heat anymore. You’re left with a bunch of broken wires and a bitter taste of failure.
The high-end butane soldering irons deliver a long soldering time, have enhanced safety measures, and a high-temperature range.
On the flip side, a soldering iron that has a short runtime, takes ages to warm up, or burns your fingertips. No thanks.
To help you choose the best soldering iron – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 Best Butane Soldering Irons of 2023.
Buy with the confidence that you’re getting one of the best butane soldering available. Let’s get straight into the reviews.
|Weller P2KC Professional Self-igniting Cordless Soldering Iron Kit|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Master Appliance Ultratorch UT-100SiK Butane Powered Cordless Soldering Iron, Flameless Heat Tool...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Portasol 10368100 P-50 Butane Powered Soldering Iron Red/Black, 11-inch|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Iso-Tip #7977 SolderPro 120 Butane Soldering Iron||CHECK PRICE|
|Dremel 2000-01 VersaTip Precision Butane Torch Portable Micro Torch Mini Welder|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|POWER PROBE Butane Soldering Kit (PPSK) [Automotive Diagnostic Car Test Tool, Easy Start...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 6 Best Butane Soldering Irons
Weller P2KC Soldering Iron Kit
- Portasol Professional Self-igniting Cordless Butane Solder Iron, ESD safe to protect sensitive components
- A lightweight, compact cordless butane soldering and hot air tool, Piezo ignition with push-button ease & convenience
- Fast heat-up for high productivity, melts solder in less than 40 seconds, Gas capacity allows up to 1 hour of continuous use, ample for most jobs
Our best overall soldering iron is Weller P2KC Cordless Soldering Iron Kit, a product that offers you anything you might want from such a device.
Among its top features, we must nominate its Piezo self-ignition function with a push button. Also, this soldering iron heats up in less than 40 seconds, which is a great feature. You can easily use the soldering iron for an hour before requiring a refill.
This device is easy to use, even by beginners. You can even refill it in less than 20 seconds so you won’t have to stop working on your projects.
In terms of safety, the Weller soldering iron includes an automatic shut-off switch, when the cap is replaced.
The soldering iron comes with a carrying case and five tips for different projects. You can even use it as a mini torch with the PPT12 flame tip.
Storing the tool is also easy as it has a heat-resistant, protective cap that keeps your other tools safe. It also cools quickly, which is another welcome perk.
We highly recommend the Weller soldering iron as it will surely make your life much easier. Soldering broken wires will seem like a breeze.CHECK PRICE
- High temperature range
- Features Piezo ignition
- Up to an hour soldering time
- Cools off quickly when finishing work
- Auto cut-off function
- Difficult to file a warranty claim
Master Appliance Ultratorch Soldering Iron
- USA FAMILY-OWNED COMPANY: Master Appliance has been manufacturing high quality industrial heat tools since 1958. Located in Racine, WI, with over 60 years of experience in the heat tool industry, you can find Master's heat guns and this UT-100Si cordless soldering iron trusted and put to use in some of the most well known manufacturing companies worldwide.
- ULTRA TIP SOLDERING TECHNOLOGY: Oxygen-free, copper based soldering tips, with thick iron and chrome plating, drastically increase tip lifespan and conduct more heat to the end of the tip for more efficient soldering and shrinking of wire connectors
- VERSATILE PINPOINT HEAT: Equivalent to a 20-80 watt electric soldering iron, this heat tool can remove surface mount components, shrink heat shrink tubing and electric wire connectors, solder and desolder, repair vinyl, spot dry, cut materials and more
In case you are not an electrician on a tight budget, you should consider buying the Master Appliance Ultratorch Butane Soldering Iron, a professional model for serious workers and DIYers.
This soldering iron comes packed with top-notch features and a high-end price tag. However, it worth every penny. Just think about 2 hours of continuous soldering, without stopping to refill the tool.
Moreover, this tool heats up in less than 30 seconds and its temperature goes up to 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit. No need to worry, the Master Appliance soldering iron has an adjustable temperature function so you will not become an arsonist by mistake.
If you decide to purchase this product, you will get a steel carrying case that contains the ultra torch, shrink attachments, and several soldering tips.
Despite the steep price, this soldering iron is a smart investment that gives you a complete set of high-quality tools. We would surely save and buy one.CHECK PRICE
- Heats up very fast
- Adjustable temperature function
- Versatile tool
- Up to 2 hours runtime
- 1-year warranty
Portasol Butane Soldering Iron
- Features unique tip system in which tiplets are attached to a replaceable heater, thereby reducing the cost of spare tips
- Cordless original flint ignition fitted with 2.4mm chisel tiplet
- 50 watts equivalent (fixed temperature), 40 minutes continuous use
For electricians on a budget, we recommend the Portasol Butane Soldering Iron, a lightweight and portable tool, perfect for small projects.
Although this soldering iron comes with a single tip, this is easy to replace. Moreover, the unique tip system attached to a replaceable heater reduces the cost of spare tips.
Featuring a reliable ignition mechanism, the Portasol soldering iron puts out 50 watts of fixed temperature power. It takes up to 40 minutes of usage until you will have to refill the ultrasonically welded gas tank.
To summarize, the Portasol soldering iron is one of the best budget tools, made out of DuPont engineered plastics. Despite its low price, this tool will not fail you. Just give it a try!CHECK PRICE
- Lightweight and durable
- Amazing heat output
- Thoroughly tested before selling
- 1-year warranty
- Uncomfortable design
- Difficult to use in tight places
Iso-Tip Butane Soldering Iron
Our next pick is the Iso-Tip butane soldering iron, a tool that also functions as a gas torch. This product is easy to use and delivers a consistent performance.
This soldering iron heats up in less than 15 seconds and has a great runtime of up to 120 minutes. Its soldering temperature runs from 480 to 1,000 degrees Fahrenheit, while the torch function burns stuff at 2,400 degrees.
The product comes with a soldering tip (#7992-005), a blow torch tip (#7992-008), and a protective cap (#1201) to keep sensitive components safe when not used.
The Iso-Pro soldering iron is one of the best tools available, well-made, and built to last. Its manufacturer backs it up with a 1-year warranty so surely is a must-have for any professional electrician.CHECK PRICE
- Versatile tool
- Very easy to ignite it
- Holds enough fuel for 2 hours runtime
- 1-year warranty
- The ignition system fails sometimes
Dremel VersaTip Butane Torch
- Cordless butane soldering torch ideal for wood burning, pyrography, soldering, shrinking, cutting, heating, and other hobby & craft projects
- Integrated ignition trigger with safety lock for easy start up, no independent ignition tool required. Safety lock prevents accidental ignition
- Variable temperature control for precise control. Allows you to adjust the temperature and size of the flame. Operating temperatures of 1022° F - 2192° F
In case you are looking for a complete soldering kit, fit for a wide range of projects, the Dremel VersaTip butane torch is the perfect tool for you. The 14 piece set is ideal for a wide range of projects such as soldering, cutting, shrinking, and many more.
This soldering iron comes with a Piezo self-ignition mechanism and a flame lock-on for hands-free operations. There is also a safety lock for increased safety.
Dremel VersaTip tool features premium quality and durability, so you can rest assured it will not fail you. Moreover, the device and its accessories come in a metal case for safe storage.
The soldering iron torch has a variable temperature control range with a maximum temperature of 2192 degrees. You can also adjust the temperature and the torch flame size.
Overall, this is one of the best products you can buy. The manufacturer stands behind their product and offers a generous 2-year warranty. What more can you ask for?CHECK PRICE
- Perfect for precision work
- Amazing temperature range
- Up to 75 minutes runtime
- Amazing safety features
- 2-year warranty
- Not recommended for jewelry soldering
- Not the best for wood burning
POWER PROBE Butane Soldering Set
- Max Flame Temperature: 930 ° F
- Adjustable Flame Length: .5" - 1.25"
- Butane Fuel Type with electronic igniter
The POWER PROBE Butane Soldering Set is another complete solution for electricians and DIYers. It includes the basic accessories: a hot point and knife, a supply of rosin solder, a gas soldering tip, a wrench set, and a heat shrink shield with a carrying case.
This soldering iron features electronic ignition and the flame length is adjustable up to 1.25 inches. Also, the runtime is simply great – up to two hours until you need to refill its tank.
It is a 120-watt heat tool kit. The torch function offers a maximum temperature of 2,500 degrees Fahrenheit while when used as a soldering iron, it gives up to 950 degrees Fahrenheit.
To conclude, the Power Probe butane soldering kit is a must-have whether you work on a car engine or you need to perform sensitive work on circuit boards.CHECK PRICE
- Easy and safe to use
- Flame adjustment to 5 different sizes
- Versatile tool
- Quick heating
- Features an ergonomic grip
- Soldering tips require frequent replacing
- Ignition system sometimes fails
The Weller P2KC Soldering Iron Set is our choice as the best overall soldering iron. It has all the amazing features we like to see in these products, including an automatic cut-off switch for enhanced safety.
Our premium soldering iron is the Master Appliance Ultratorch Butane Iron, a tool that offers outstanding versatility and a great runtime. This is the best butane soldering iron for those willing to spend on quality.
Another budget-friendly tool is the Portasol Butane Soldering Iron. Perfect for small projects that require precision, this soldering iron gets the job done despite the lack of bells and whistles of more expensive tools.
The other butane soldering irons we’ve reviewed feature a series of cool specs such as Piezo ignition, adjustable temperature and flame size, or enhanced safety functions. All of them offer high temperatures and amazing runtime. So feel free to pick your weapon!
Before buying a butane soldering iron you need to pay attention to some factors and perform thorough research. Depending on your needs and budget, you might want to get a multi-functional tool or a simpler model.
Some of the things to look out for include:
- Temperature range
- Power supply
If you check the technical specifications of different soldering irons, you will notice that the operating temperatures vary. Also, some of these devices function as torches so you need to be aware of the power of the tool you’re about to purchase.
Most of the soldering irons available are non-electric, this feature making them useful in different situations. However, pay attention as electricity and an open flame usually don’t go well together.
Typically, a professional electrician requires a versatile tool, fit for a wide range of projects. DIYers will also require a soldering iron capable of soldering, welding, cutting, and many more. Although the price is a little higher, such a tool worth every penny as it completes more tasks than a simple soldering iron.
Portability is another desired feature as you will be using your soldering iron on small objects or in tight places. Make sure your tool can be easily carried on different job sites.