Last updated on June 1st, 2021 at 08:50 am.
Are you looking for a new tape measure?
The best tape measures are made of durable materials, a smooth unwinding and recoil, and can easily hook onto a wide variety of objects.
On the other hand, poor quality tape measures feature pull length that is always too short for the job, do not self-retract, or simply do not last. No thanks.
To help you make an educated decision – we’ve reviewed the Top 6 best tape measures of 2022.
Let’s get straight into the reviews.
|STANLEY FATMAX Tape Measure, 25-Foot (33-725)|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|General Tools LTM1 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure, LCD Digital Display, 50’ Laser Measure, 16’...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Komelon 7125 Monster Maggrip 25-Foot Measuring Tape with Magnetic End|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Milwaukee Tool 48-22-7125 Magnetic Tape Measure 25 ft x 1.83 Inch|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|STANLEY Tape Measure, Chrome, 25-Foot (33-425)|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Klein Tools 86225 Tape Measure, 25-Foot Double Hook Magnetic with Finger Brake, Easy to Read Bold...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
Top 6 Best Tape Measures for Electricians
Stanley FatMax Tape Measure
- 14 ft. OF REACH*: Retractable tape measure allows for easier measurements when working alone
- Durable high impact case with non-slip rubber of the fatmax tape measure stands up to jobsite demands
- Easy to read measurements with large font numbers
Our favorite product is the Stanley FatMax tape measure, a model that includes great features at a reasonable price. As with any other Stanley product, this tape measure comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
This is an 11 feet standout tape measure that features 16″ and 19.2″ stud center markings to simply the framing jobs. The first 3 feet of this tape measure have a BladeArmor coating for enhanced durability.
Stanley tape measure includes a heat-treated spring that offers a smooth blade recoil. Moreover, the mylar polyester film extends the life of the blade.
A small drawback of this tape measure is around the printing on the blade. Nevertheless, the measurement markings are in the right places and the readings are accurate.
The Stanley FatMax tape measure is a high-quality product, specially designed to outstand the test of time. So why not buy one of these awesome Stanley tools?CHECK PRICE
- Easy to read
- Features an 11-feet standout
- Reinforced BladeArmor coating and mylar film
- Strong heat-treated spring
- Features printing on the blade
General Tools Tape Measure
- VERSATILE: The Laser Tape Measure combines a 50ft laser measurer with a 16ft tape measure
- ONE BUTTON: Simple, one button operation enables fast and easy long distance laser measurements
- MEASURE FASTER and FURTHER: Measure up to 50-feet with the laser, and measure twice as far as a standard 25ft. tape measure
Our next pick is an ideal tape measure for electricians willing to spend more money on such a tool. The General Tools LTM1 tape measure offers you a bunch of features that will make your life much easier. Compact and portable, you can bring this tool wherever you need, just toss it in your pocket.
This tape measure includes both traditional blade measure functionalities and a laser measurer for more precise measurements. Moreover, the laser measurer has a margin of error of 1/4 inch.
When it comes to range, the LTM1 tape measure can measure up to 50 feet with the laser measurer while the blade itself is 16 feet long, perfect for shorter measurements. And you can easily use this tool with the help of the one-button operation for the laser bit.
Its LCD screen displays the measured length and includes a battery life indicator. The measurements are easy to read due to the large numerals used.
Although the price is higher, the General Tools tape measure worth every penny. With its help, you won’t be forced to measure a thousand times before cutting once.CHECK PRICE
- Measures up to 50 feet with laser
- 2-in-1 Laser Tape Measure
- Large LCD digital screen
- Accurate measurements
- Measurments displayed only in fractional inches or feet
- Pricier than other models
Komelon Tape Measure
- Magnetic dual-end hook allows for easier one person measurement
- Double-sided printing provides precise marking and line drawing
- Impact resistant rubberized case protects end hook and button
For electricians on a budget, the next product is a perfect choice since it features the same traits as more expensive models – Komelon MagGrip tape measure. Its blade is 25 feet long but you can choose from two more options: a 16-foot compact model and a longer 30-foot alternative.
Although the price is lower than its competitors, the Komelon tape measure is one of the most durable products available. It comes with a rubberized case that absorbs shocks and nylon coating for its blade.
The hook on this model is double-ended, allowing you to position the blade either way. This hook is also magnetic, making it easier to use if you don’t have someone to help keep it in place. The tape measure also features double-sided printing thus making it easier for you to see the length, no matter where you’re standing.
A downside of the Komelon tape measure is related to long-term reliability. However, the wide range of features included in the package makes it worthwhile. Easy to carry around and shock-resistant, this measuring tape is the ideal product for electricians, plumbers, welders, and many other hard-working men.CHECK PRICE
- Features double-sided printing
- Includes a magnetic hook
- The rubberized case is shock-resistant
- Has a nylon coated blade
- Large numbers are not printed on the entire blade length
- The spring does not last
Klein Tools Tape Measure
- Uncluttered, easy-to-read bold lines marked on blade every 1/8-Inch
- Dual angle magnetic hooks attach to conduit and steel studs
- Heavy-duty nylon-coating protects blade printing
The next product we’ve reviewed and we decided to recommend to all passioned electricians is the Klein Tools measuring tape. Its large markings make this tape measure ideal, especially if you forgot your glasses.
To make sure that the blade lasts as long as the tape measure, it is coated in heavy-duty nylon. Moreover, the steel and ABS plastic construction of this tool make it durable and fit for harsh working sites.
In terms of safety, the Klein Tools tape measuring includes a retraction speed brake that controls how fast the blade recoils and protects your fingers.
The magnetic hook on the end features a dual-angle design making this tape measure a lot easier to use if you’re working alone.
A drawback of this measuring tape is related to the product’s reliability. Some customers complained that the tape measure failed them more frequently than its competitors.
Nonetheless, the features included by Klein tools in this product make it a must-have for any professional worker. We recommend you give it a try!CHECK PRICE
- Includes retraction brake
- Heavy-duty nylon-coated blade for durability
- Dual-angle magnetic hook
- Clear and easy to see markings
- Poor quality
- Bulky, hard to carry around jobsites
Milwaukee Tape Measure
- Magnetic tape measure
- Nylon bond blade protection
Milwaukee Tool’s magnetic tape measure is our next pick. Coming with a length of 25 feet, this mid-range option is a heavy-duty tool build to last.
Featuring nylon blade protection and a 5-point reinforced frame, the Milwaukee measuring tape has a 10x longer lifespan. The product is resistant to any contamination and will not get damaged easily when dropped due to the rubber bumpers across the exterior of the case.
Its New-to-World dual magnet attached to the hook can support the entire weight of the tape measure and ensures it stays in place. Moreover, the finger stop placed conveniently near the hook will keep your fingers safe when the blade recoils.
To increase measurement readability, the tape measure is 2-side printed and it allows you to calculate both 1/4″ and 1/8″ drawings.
Despite its bulkiness, the Milwaukee tape measure remains a valid choice for electricians. I mean…you cannot call yourself a professional without owning a Milwaukee tool.CHECK PRICE
- Durable construction, includes rubber protection
- Features nylon bond blade protection
- Finger stop protects from injuries
- Dimension marks on both sides
- Heavy and wide for its size
- Standout distance could be longer
Stanley PowerLock Tape Measure
- 16-Inch and 19.2-Inch stud center markings
- 7-Foot standout
- 25-Foot length
Our last reviewed product is a high-quality tape measure, Stanley PowerLock, an excellent product for all professional workers. Its impressive standout of 7 feet makes it suitable for a wide range of applications. The standard length is 25 feet but you can buy longer or shorter options.
Featuring sturdy construction, this measuring tape is made out of chromed high-impact ABS and includes the Tru-Zero hook corrosion-resistant. However, the external case lacks any shock-absorbing bumpers.
The blade is covered with a film made out of mylar polyester and includes stud markings for both 16″ and 19.2″ distances. Its secure lock prevents the blade from sliding during measurements.
Overall, the Stanley PowerLock tape measure represents a nice inclusion to any professional toolbox. The price is also good so definitely add this product to your shopping list.CHECK PRICE
- Mylar polyester blade layer
- Corrosion-resistant Tru-Zero hook
- Includes stud markings for framing jobs
- Secure blade lock mechanism
- Lacks shock absorption feature
- Lacks metric markings
- Non-magnetic hook