Last updated on June 15th, 2021 at 11:29 pm.
Top-notch soldering helping hands have two or more flexible arms conveniently placed on a sturdy base. The alligator-style clamps are a must, and we always welcome additional accessories.
Poorly made soldering helping hands tools are a continuous source of anger and a complete waste of money. They will keep moving around while you try to solder some tiny parts. We won’t even mention the plastic components that break instantly.
To help you make an educated choice—we’ve reviewed the Top 6 soldering helping hands of 2022.
Buy with confidence that you’re getting some of the best soldering helping hands available. Let’s jump straight into the reviews.
|Soldering Helping Hands NEWACALOX Third Hand Helping Arms Tool with 3X Magnifying Glass Crafts...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|QuadHands Workbench | Helping Hands Workstation Vise Holder | Flexible Third Hand Clamp | Hold...|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Pro'sKit 900-015 Helping Hands Soldering Aid|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|TEKTON 7521 Helping Hand with Magnifier|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Eurotool Third Hand With Tweezers - HOL-165.00|| ||CHECK PRICE|
|Hobby Creek Helping Hands Third Hand Mag Hand Professional Workstation|| ||CHECK PRICE|
Table of Contents
- Top 6 Best Soldering Helping Hands
- How Do You Choose the Best Soldering for Helping Hands?
Top 6 Best Soldering Helping Hands
NEWACALOX Soldering Helping Hands
- 5 FLEXIBLE ARMS: Four small flexible gooseneck helping hands are easily positioned where you want them. Eliminates the frustration of traditional helping hands.
- PENTAGRAM ALUMINUM ALLOY BASE: Aluminum alloy base provide stability when working with a heavy project, with white soft rubber pad, the unit is not going to move while you are soldering. It is a perfect device for professionals and hobbyists.
- MAGNIFIER with 3 COLOR ADJUSTABLE LIGHTS: Optical-grade glass magnifier enlarges 300% for ultimate clarity and distortion-free view. Daylight bright 5W LED light powered by USB with 3 brightness color - the brightness of the light can be adjusted with key. More eco-friendly than battery, effectively illuminates your projects without glare.
Our top choice for the best overall is the NEWCALOX Third Hand Helping Arms Tool, the perfect helper for soldering, repairing, jewelry, and other jobs that require attention to detail.
This soldering helping hands tool has five flexible gooseneck arms that you can position anywhere on the pentagram aluminum alloy base. The alligator clips come with removable rubber sleeves that protect surfaces from damage. It also features detachable clamps that can be rotated 360 degrees.
NEWCALOX also included a magnifying glass that enlarges 300% and a USB-powered 5W LED light to enhance visibility on small projects. This is one reason for buying the tool, especially if you’re into jewelry making.
The manufacturer included many useful things into the package – one solid base, a magnifying glass with a flexible arm, four adjustable arms with alligator clips, and a user guide.
In case we did not convince you yet, you should know that the NEWCALOX soldering helping hands come with 30 days money-back policy and a 2-years warranty. Still undecided?CHECK PRICE
- Five flexible arms
- Includes a magnifying glass
- Flexible and sturdy build
- USB powered LED light included
- 3 levels of brightness adjustment
- Does not include a USB adapter
QuadHands Soldering Helping Hands
- WHEN YOU NEED A HAND: Place the flexible and adjustable Quadhands gooseneck arms anywhere on the magnetic plate. Clamp a project (circuits, jewelry, hobby model) securely in place so you can solder, paint or repair with precision. Work smarter not harder!
- STRONG MAGNETIC ARMS: Freely connect 4 magnetic, adjustable 16” and 8” arms to the plate. Clip your project to the 360° rotating alligator clamps and lock using thumb nuts. Then move, rearrange and position to keep them steady so you work with accuracy.
- WEIGHTED BASE: Rubber feet keep the large powder coated steel 6” x 9” heavy base from sliding and stable. Wherever you stick the arms - the base provides a strong magnetic attraction, making sure your project stays put so you work with precision!
QuadHands soldering helping hands tool is our premium choice when it comes to such devices. Ideal for soldering, welding, crafting, or painting, this product comprises a bunch of amazing features.
Its 9 inch by 6-inch sturdy powder-coated steel base makes the workstation exceptionally stable, while the rubber feet will protect sensitive work surfaces. The entire unit weighs over 4 pounds, so it will not shift from the body.
QuadHands helping hands come with four flexible gooseneck arms made of industrial-grade rubber and four stainless steel alligator clamps that have magnetic repositioning.
Moreover, the QuadHands rig includes removable silicone tips for enhanced protection when working on electronics, microchips, or other delicate objects.
Although the product does not include a magnifying glass, the high-quality build and outstanding features place the QuadHands helping hands among the top-notch tools. The American company Alphidia really stands behind this product and offers a 100% money-back guarantee and lifetime warranty.
Overall, this product is a must-have for any respectable electrician or DIYer.CHECK PRICE
- Made in USA
- Sturdy and stable stainless steel base
- 4 adjustable metalic gooseneck arms
- Alligator clamps that can be magnetically repositioned on the base
- Powder-coated base that is corrosion-proof
- Poor customer service
- No magnifying glass included
Pro’sKit 900-015 Soldering Helping Hands
- Two Alligator Style Clips To Hold Your Components In Place
- Weighted Base To Keep Unit Upright
- Several Points Of Adjustments
For those on a tight budget, the Pro’sKit 900-015 soldering helping hands tool is an excellent product that offers a bunch of amazing features at an affordable price.
The unit can be angled in any position you want and its weighted base keeps it steady. This third-hand includes two interchangeable alligator clips. In case any of these clips fail or you need a different size, you can easily find a replacement in a hardware store.
A great feature of the Pro’sKit third-hand is the fact that it is all metal without any plastic parts included. So, this product is all about durability, practicality, and durability.
Despite the lack of a magnifying glass, the third hand gets the job done. Some people also complained about its stability but this can be easily sorted by placing a heavy object on the base to counterweight it.
To conclude, Pro’sKit 900-15 is a well-made product useful that delivers great value for money.CHECK PRICE
- All metal
- Multiple points of adjustment
- Interchangeable alligator clamps
- No magnifying glass
- Not very stable
TEKTON Soldering Helping Hands
- Securely holds small workpieces for soldering, gluing, fastening, and assembly work
- 2-1/2-inch magnifying glass (2X) improves your visibility of fine details
- Two alligator spring clamps with universal ball joints hold work in any position
Our next pick is the TEKTON 7521 soldering helping hands tool, the perfect product for precise soldering projects.
This soldering station features a cast iron base that can be attached to any workbench. Due to its low weight, it will not damage the surface where it is fixed. Also, TEKTON third-hand includes a magnifying glass that can be easily removed if you need more space for your project.
The helping hands soldering station includes two alligator clips with universal ball joints, metal arms, and swiveling joints, all of these acting as a suspension system that holds pieces.
An outstanding feature of this third hand is the fact that it is compatible with magnetic accessories.
Bottom line – the TEKTON soldering helping hands do a great job when used for small projects. This product makes a great addition to your toolbox.CHECK PRICE
- Lightweight design
- Two alligator clamps that swivel around to any direction
- Includes a magnifying glass
- Compatible with magnetic accessories
- Flimsy screw heads
- Too short arms
Eurotool Soldering Helping Hands
- Materials Or Model Number: Metal, Plastic
- Package Dimensions: 16.8 H X 6.8 L X 8.8 W (Centimeters)
- Package Weight: 0.352 Kilograms
The next product we’ve reviewed is the ideal helper for jewelers – Eurotool Third Hand With Tweezers. This tool is an affordable option if you just started crafting jewelry.
This third hand is better than many expensive soldering helping hands with alligator clips as it holds items in almost any angle. Its adjustable tweezers keep wires while you solder them, making the Eurotool tweezers ideal for electronic repairs.
It does not include a magnifying glass but this is not a major drawback since many people see it as an obstacle.
The pointed tweezers are mounted on a weighted base with rubber feet and will secure items in any needed position. Your hands will be free, and you will be able to focus on your work.
A drawback of the Eurotool third hand is the fact that it doesn’t hold heavy pieces. The base is made of clay that resembles metal so it may not last for long but.
Nevertheless, this third-hand tool remains a good purchase, especially if you just started to solder and craft delicate pieces like jewelry.CHECK PRICE
- Very affordable
- Reliable tool - holds pieces secure
- Adjustable arm
- Does not hold larger items
- Base made out of clay
Hobby Creek Soldering Helping Hands
- Magnetic arms and trays can be positioned anywhere on heavy steel base
- Durable Powder Coated Steel base - Over 4.5 lbs - Won't tip over
- 4 Premium Flexible arms - 15" Length - Easily positioned and stay in place - Heat resistant
Our last recommendation is the Hobby Creek Helping Hands Third Hand Mag Hand Professional Workstation, a versatile tool best suited for electronic repairs, soldering, or jewelry crafting.
The third-hand kit includes a heavy magnetic powder-coated stainless steel base that also features a snap connector for ESD grounding. Due to its weight, you can rest assured it will not budge and mess up your project.
Hobby Creek workstation includes 4 adjustable arms that have 20 independent joins and a 3D positioning function. These arms are heat-resistant and you can easily place the arms anywhere on the base.
Each kit includes 4 standard and 2 extra-large interchangeable alligator clips that can rotate at 360 degrees. Moreover, the clips come with silicone covers that do not melt at high temperatures.
The soldering helping hands also come with two magnetic trays so you could keep tiny pieces in one place.
Overall, this is one of the best soldering helping hands tools money can buy. Just give it a try!CHECK PRICE
- 4 flexible magnetic arms
- 2 magnetic trays included
- Sturdy double powder-coated metallic base
- Interchangeable alligator clips with silicone covers
- Snap connector for ESD grounding
- Stiff joints, might require lube
How Do You Choose the Best Soldering for Helping Hands?
A good set of helping hands will help you use multiple tools such as hot soldering irons, solder, and circuits. If you consider buying such a tool, there are some things to pay attention to. Below you will find the four most important factors to consider before purchasing the best soldering helping hands tool!
Good and reliable soldering helping hands station must have a heavy and well-made base to ensure stability and durability. Preferably, the base should have rubber feet to avoid damaging the work surfaces. If the manufacturers include vice grips, it’s even better.
Good helping hands stations feature at least two flexible arms. More is even better. Make sure you choose metallic arms that are heat resistant and have many adjustment points. Flexibility and durability are vital for your projects.
This type of clip has grippy metal teeth and silicone or rubber covers. Also, these alligator clips have limited opening therefore, for some projects, tweezers work better. The best option is to choose a soldering station with interchangeable clips for better versatility.
Although we are more interested in basic functionalities, it is highly appreciated to have different accessories such as magnifying glasses and/or LED lights. Some third-hand devices might even include a holder for the soldering iron.
Make sure you pick a tool that includes everything you need for your projects.
The best soldering helping hands tools are those that help you get the job done. If you focus on sensitive projects like electronic repairs, you want to have your hands free so you could safely hold the soldering iron and the solder. A third-hand tool is exactly what you need.
Our selection is aimed to help both professionals and beginners in their quest for the best soldering helping hands tool.
We recommend you the NEWCALOX Store soldering helping hands station. Well-made and including a series of great features, this workstation makes soldering activity a breeze. Most likely, this is the best soldering helping hands station available on the market!